cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ops Center Not Connected

SBMTMiller
Level 4

Ops Center / Admin Console on WIN2008 (7.5)

Master NBU Server / Media Server on Linux 

Ops center has been working fine but suddenly it is not connected anymore. The below is what I have checked and tried:

Error Reason: Action not permitted. Please verify that the OpsCenter host is listed in NetBackup configuration file (host properties or bp.conf) and/or trust is established in case of NBAC."

1. NSLOOKUP, Ping, bpclntcmd -ip/hn from the Ops Center Client to the master server are all OK. 

2. OpsCenter GUI > "Host properties", right-click master server > Properties > Client attributes > The OpsCenter Windows host WAS NOT in the list of clients for the master. I added it, but why was it working before if this were an issue? 

Im not really sure what to do from here.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

The OpsCenter needs to be at least in the additional servers list to get the connection it needs

As it also appears to have an Admin Console on it I guess it had already been added to the additional servers list and perhaps someone did a cleanup?

Many other reasons for this too - DNS / WINS etc. - usually sorted with a bpclntcmd -clear_host_cache or better still by using hosts files

Another thing that also helps is when you add the master to OpsCenter to add it using its IP address - you can still have its display name as the Master name but at least it can always connect regardless of DNS

It is best to use hosts files anyway if possible (on the Master and the OpsCenter server) to avoid such issues

Hope this gives a few ideas

View solution in original post

SBMTMiller
Level 4

The issue was that the IP for the NBU Appliance we have changed, and only the HOST record in the Forward Look Up Zone on our DNS server changed not the Reverse Look Up. Once we updated the HOST record in the Reverse Zone OPs center started working.  

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

The OpsCenter needs to be at least in the additional servers list to get the connection it needs

As it also appears to have an Admin Console on it I guess it had already been added to the additional servers list and perhaps someone did a cleanup?

Many other reasons for this too - DNS / WINS etc. - usually sorted with a bpclntcmd -clear_host_cache or better still by using hosts files

Another thing that also helps is when you add the master to OpsCenter to add it using its IP address - you can still have its display name as the Master name but at least it can always connect regardless of DNS

It is best to use hosts files anyway if possible (on the Master and the OpsCenter server) to avoid such issues

Hope this gives a few ideas

SBMTMiller
Level 4

The issue was that the IP for the NBU Appliance we have changed, and only the HOST record in the Forward Look Up Zone on our DNS server changed not the Reverse Look Up. Once we updated the HOST record in the Reverse Zone OPs center started working.