cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ops Center and Java Console

H_Sharma
Level 6

Dear Experts,

1:- We need to take 4 consoles for master server 7.6  via Java console. I beleive Java Console is the only option. But we can not run Java Console 7.6 in 32 bit.Is there any way out?

2:- We need to pull out details in OPS center 7.6 its not analtics and requirement is below 3

Policy Name, Clients, Host backed up,

Pls let me know if its possible via any netbackup command Policy Name and Host covered by each policy?

Thanks so much,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

for the first one, you only have the Xterminal option.. check with your OS admin to make use of it...

for 2nd one..better export it from GUI-- Policies tab

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

RamNagalla

what about the OS of  4 Master servers?

dont you have any  64 bit windows Master or Media servers.?

if you have you can install the java console over there and open it for all 4 Master servers..

if you all your servers are unix..

you can configure the Xterminal and directly bring up the Java console from the Master server by running the jnbsa command.

and for 2nd one..

when you say Host backed up,, are you looking for the Master server name which is used to take the backp of the client.?

H_Sharma
Level 6

HI Nagalla,

1:- There is one master server 7.6 in Windows 2008 64bit. We can not take mstsc (Remote) of it for more than 1. We need to enable Java in win 7 32bit machine. As we need to work simultaneously for 4 people.

2:- I got the command bppllist in windows  for the second query but i want only below two from the list in Windows. Is there any option? Because this command in windows displaying very lenghty information.

1:    Policy Type:-  

2:- HW/OS/Client:

RamNagalla

for the first one, you only have the Xterminal option.. check with your OS admin to make use of it...

for 2nd one..better export it from GUI-- Policies tab

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

The java console only exist in a 64bit version for NBU 7.6 -  No 32bit version. The Windows remote administration console require x64 OS as well.

The requirements for adminstration consoles are doumented her:

NetBackup 7.x Operating System Compatibility List

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH76648 - Page 68

susindran_surul
Level 6

Better you can ask your Citrix guys to install new Java Console 7.6 on the Citrix and ask them to publish it.This way you can take all the console through Citrix.

ontherocks
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

You can try any of the below options ::

1. Get the NetBackup Java Console installed on your local machines.

2. Get the NB Java Console hosted on Citrix / VDIs.

3. Get the VM installed with 64 bit on your 32 bit machine and install NB Java Console 7.6 in it.

4. XTerminal option as suggested in the thread earlier