cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpsCenter - EEB`s

Mr_Fox_Foot
Level 4

Hi All,

How to check the all the EEB was installed recently on the OpsCenter server.

I found few report columns/cells are blank in the report; however we have some a valid info in the NBU. Also there was EEB released for the same.

My OpsCenter admin said that, he had installed few EEB`s a long time ago while migrating from 7.1 to 7.5.0.6. I would like to revalidate it, can anyone help me on this.

Thanks in Advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jpramann
Level 2
Employee

If there is no EEB.info file present then no OpsCenter EEB/hotfixes have been installed.  The version.txt file is showing that you have applied patch 7.5.0.6 for OpsCenter, this file will not show EEB info.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Will_Restore
Level 6

Not sure why OpsCenter support page show nothing for version 7.5; only versions 7.0 and 7.1

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=landing&key=58596

jpramann
Level 2
Employee

You can check these locations:

<install_path>\Symantec\OpsCenter\server\EEB.info (Does this file exist....is anything in it....this is the EEB info)

<install_path>\Symantec\OpsCenter\server\version.txt (Contains the current OpsCenter version)

Mr_Fox_Foot
Level 4

Thanks for your help guys..

@ jpramann - I do not see a file names as "EEB.info" under the installation path, However , i find the version.txt -

Which display below content -

HARDWARE windows AMD64
VERSION OpsCenter Server 7.5.0.6
BUILD NUMBER 20130610
RELEASE DATE Tue Jun 11 10:04:20 IST 2013

Is the Build Number is some thing related to EEB path ?

Kindly help me on this. Do we have any other way to find it or loging a case with symantec can help me in this ??

jpramann
Level 2
Employee

If there is no EEB.info file present then no OpsCenter EEB/hotfixes have been installed.  The version.txt file is showing that you have applied patch 7.5.0.6 for OpsCenter, this file will not show EEB info.

Jim-90
Level 6

My understanding it works like this .........

In the upgrade(s) from 7.1 to 7.5.0.6 almost all, if not all, EBBs are included in the upgrade(s).  EBBs are included in each patch bundle.  I say "almost all" becasue you may have an EBB produced just before a patch release becasue the patch release is locked down and no more changes can be made after QAing the patch bundle.

.......to audit all EBBs from 7.1 to 7.5.0.6 is probably a time waster, after the last upgrade is described above