cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpsCenter and BackupExec 12. Agent working but see no data.

MattS
Level 6

Hello,

I got our OpsCenter server (which monitors 3 NetBackup 6.5 master servers) to pull data from a remote office's backup exec 12d server successfully.  The agent shows that it is pulling data successfully from everything and even shows numbers of Images, Jobs etc.. next to the Completed status.  The problem is that when i try to look at something as simple as the Job Policies for that server it shows nothing.  Actually when i look under the Monitor, Manage or Reports tabs nothing shows up for this backup exec server. 

Even more odd is that when i try to create a custom policy view for this server i can actually see the policy names pulled from the Backup Exec server.  Under this view config i still cannot see any data.

Anyone else having this problem?

Thanks,
Matt
3 REPLIES 3

MattS
Level 6
By the way, i put this in this forum because when i searched in the backup exec forums for opscenter i only got one post returned.  It seems like BackupExec only administrators are not using opscenter.

DanaStorageGuy
Not applicable
Exactly the same functionality as MattS is seeing. 

After creating the Data Collector for the Backup Exec server , the collector shows that it is connected and retrieving data, but when you go to monitor and  set the focus to just that BE system you get ...  "the report did not return any data".

I have configured one Windows NBU 6.5.5 Master, one UNIX NBU 6.5.4 Master and three Backup Exec 10.d systems.

Both of the NBU masters are collecting data and also show results under Monitor or Reports .

NONE of the Backup Exec systems show results under Monitor, even though the individual Data Collectors show that they are working. 

I can confirm that the collectors are working because there is data for those systems. When I run reports against them there is data in the reports. 

What gives?

Running OpsCenter Analytics 7.0 + EEB015
Windows 2003 R2 Std
Dell 1850 Dual Proc, 3GB  

MattS
Level 6
Dana,

Wish i could reply and say i've found a solution for you but I have since replaced that backup exec server with a NetBackup Master... Hey that is a solution! cheeky