cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpsCenter-capability to determine the amount of data backed up by media server daily, weekly?

Level 3

Hello Community,

Hoping I can get some lead or info regarding amount of data backed up by our media server.  OpsCenter doesn't provide much details specifically with their existing templates or with customised templates (limited parameters).

I was hoping to get some data close to the below: (if possible). Can OpsCenter Analytics provide this sort of data or close to it?  Can a SQL query do it?  Thanks a bunch for any suggestions!!  Have a good day!  -301

Backed up to tape:
Daily, Weekly, Monthly over at least 2 years, more if possible.

Backed up to Disk (Quantum):
Daily, Weekly, Monthly over at least 2 years, more if possible.

Also, I want another report that shows all of this broken out by classes of backups. Ie. Mail, DB (Oracle and MS SQL), Filestores, and Servers (Add any additional if applicable).

I want this graphed out and consumable.

10 REPLIES 10

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

If you need to report anything older than 60 days, then you need OpsCenter Analytics.

If you need to create custom reports, then you need OpsCenter Analytics.

OpsCenter records pretty much everything.  So, if you set OpsCenter to keep the certain elements of job data for as long as you need it to... then... with a bit of judicious SQL query crafting, then you should be able to get OpsCenter to generate pretty much whatever you want.

If you want great reporting, then it is worth perservering and taking the time.  There are several nice examples of custom SQL queries posted by @VoropaevPavel here:

https://vox.veritas.com/t5/Downloads/OpsCenter-common-custom-reports/ta-p/809039

Thank you @sdo. We do have OpsCenter Analytics. I will take a look at the link provided by @VoropaevPavel and see if a SQL query can give me the desired results or close to it. As i mentioned, the customized (limited parameters) and the existing templates did not provide much. Thank you.

sdo

I seem to remember seeing several other examples of custom SQL queries scattered throughout VOX... so maybe with a bit of careful searching, then you may be able to find some posts where someone else has previously posted something pretty close to what you want.

sdo

What version of OpsCenter are you running?

FYI - I found a database schema document for OpsCenter v7.6 here:

http://vox.veritas.com/legacyfs/online/veritasdata/OC_Schema_Document_08May_7.6.pdf

Will do buddy! .. will carefully search all over. Fairly new, and love that these forums have enthusiasts who provide selfless assistance since we all need it. :) Thanks again.

Running OpsCenter 7.7.1 Hmm, will check it out after lunch (12:07pm PST here) and let you know what I see, hopefully useful. Thanks.

sdo

I wonder if OpsCenter v7.7.1 also retains a copy of it's schema in XML format within its own installation files, as described here by @SRP:

https://vox.veritas.com/t5/OpsCenter/Database-Schema-for-Ops-Center/td-p/529141

sdo

...and welcome to the forum... I sincerely hope that we can help in some small way at least.

Thanks ! You have been of great help already  .. will update if I find anything.

Other suggestions/solutions welcome by the way. :)