cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpsCenter database backup

data-backup
Level 4

Hello,

currently we are taking a hot backup of the  ops center databse via a scheduled task on the windows server. We would like to take a cold backup of the database and was thinking of using the bpstart and bpend scripts in Netbackup to achieve this. I was wondering if anyone is using  or has used this method can please help me with the configuration steps.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Will_Restore
Level 6

that is exactly how to do it, namely

bpstart_notify.bat contains:

<install_path>\Symantec\OpsCenter\Server\bin\opsadmin.bat stop

bpend_notify.bat contains:

<install_path>\Symantec\OpsCenter\Server\bin\opsadmin.bat start

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

jim_dalton
Level 6

/opt/SYMCOpsCenterServer/bin/dbbackup.sh is the script supplied for that purpose. I would imagine theres something similar on the scripting front for Windows.

Jim

data-backup
Level 4

Hi Jim,

I'm using task in Windows Scheduler  to backup the datbase ("C:\Program Files\Symantec\OpsCenter\server\bin\dbbackup.bat") however this is a hot backup. I'm trying to get a cold backup.

In other words using <install_path>\Symantec\OpsCenter\Server\bin\opsadmin.bat stop to stop the opscenter services and then backup the opscenter databse via Netbackup and then start the services <install_path>\Symantec\OpsCenter\Server\bin\opsadmin.bat start

Will_Restore
Level 6

that is exactly how to do it, namely

bpstart_notify.bat contains:

<install_path>\Symantec\OpsCenter\Server\bin\opsadmin.bat stop

bpend_notify.bat contains:

<install_path>\Symantec\OpsCenter\Server\bin\opsadmin.bat start

data-backup
Level 4

Thank you Will. Let me give this a try.

jim_dalton
Level 6

If you look at the hot backup script theres a section to restore a DB which calls _stopprocesses which does stopgui, stopserver, stopdb which may do as Will pointed to above. Personally I'd prefer to maintain service, and stay within the supplied tools: run hot backup to local disk and have netbackup pick those up. It's asynchronous if the dbbackup is in cron but syncd if you put the hot backup into the bpstart.

But each to their own of course.

Jim