cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opscenter EEB_ET4021447 agent update fails

pnobels
Level 3

Hi,

upgrade environment to 8.3.0.1 today.  No issues.  Last thing on my list today was upgrade Opscenter using latest EEB's.

Applied OpsCenter_windows_AMD64_8301EEB_ET4021447_1 with option -agent and got : 

Stopping the OpsCenter Agent Service...
OpsInstall Dir : C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\OPSCEN~1\agent
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/netbackup/common/util/PathUtil
at com.symantec.nbu.nom.goodies.EEBInstaller.copyBinaries(EEBInstaller.java:170)
at com.symantec.nbu.nom.goodies.EEBInstaller.main(EEBInstaller.java:62)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.netbackup.common.util.PathUtil
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:382)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:418)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:355)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:351)
... 2 more
Starting the OpsCenter Agent Service...
"Agent install completed."

Same EEB seems to install fine with option -server on the same system.  Anyone having an idea?

2 REPLIES 2

X2
   VIP   

I had the same issue with EEB 4027159_v2 for -agent flag, and support said that I need to run only with -server, so check with them. Unfortunately, the README does not have explicit instructions on which commands to use in different situations and just lists all possible flags.

My OpsCenter is 9.0 though. The problem with a data collection is still there intermittently.

Also, why not run the latest version of OpsCenter when it supports collecting data from older version masters. Would have saved you another upgrade.

jnardello
   VIP    Certified

"upgrade environment to 8.3.0.1 today.  No issues.  Last thing on my list today was upgrade Opscenter using latest EEB's."

Going forward, upgrading OpsCenter should be the first thing on your list not the last for just this kind of reason - if your OC upgrade fails you could easily end up not being able to query your newly upgraded Masters.