cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opscenter requires vnetd (13724) access to master servers

Michael_G_Ander
Level 6
Certified

Just discovered that Opscenter requires vnetd (13724) access to master servers for master server add.

This does not seems to be mentioned in the network port guide.

When 13724 is not open inbound on the master, you get a Opscenter-10940 error.

The standard questions: Have you checked: 1) What has changed. 2) The manual 3) If there are any tech notes or VOX posts regarding the issue
6 REPLIES 6

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

1556 firwalled on the master server - inbound or outbound (or both)  ?

Michael_G_Ander
Level 6
Certified

Actually there was open for 1556 inbound on the master server firewall, when I got the error.

Seems there is some legacy port used for the user login, which I can't remember being required for adding a master before 7.7

Doing a netstat -a on the opscenter server shows a connection to 13724 as soon as you push test connection.

The standard questions: Have you checked: 1) What has changed. 2) The manual 3) If there are any tech notes or VOX posts regarding the issue

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Thanks for sharing info.

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Humm - Netbackup try to connect to 13724 after 3 failed connect attemps on 1556. 

If you have wireshark installed, you should be able to identify, if the connect attempt is really using 13724 from start

Michael_G_Ander
Level 6
Certified

Yes, but then Opscenter shouldn't give an error when there is open for 1556 on both the master and the OpsCenter server.

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Agree - my point using wireshark is to document that it either:

• Opscenter can't connect on 1556

or

• Start using 13724 right away  - that would be a "smoking gun" for opening a support case