cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opscentre not referencing New Master Server

Ayes
Level 4

Hello House,

I have an opscenter installed/working on a Netbackup 7.0.1 environment (Master server is nbu1).

I installed a new hardware as part of Tech refresh with Netbackup 7.5.0.5 fresh install (Master servrer nbu1 too).

The opscenter is not seing the new 7.5.0.5 environment master server .

The opscentre is still referncing the 7.0.1 master server nbu1 showing not connected.

How do I point the opscentre to reference the current 7.5.0.5 master server which is running now.

I expect it to see it automatically since it was installed witht same name nbu1 and the 7.0.1.

You help is urgently needed and appreciated in anticpation.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

watsons
Level 6

Is your Netbackup master server still carrying this setting in its "Netbackup registry" (for Windows) or /usr/openv/netbackup/bp.conf  (for Unix)?

Although it's pointing back to the same OpsCenter server, but I believe latest OpsCenter server does not use that anymore, try to comment it out from bp.conf or delete from registry, and retry data collection.

OPS_CENTER_SERVER_NAME = youropscenter.server.com

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I installed a new hardware as part of Tech refresh with Netbackup 7.5.0.5 fresh install (Master servrer nbu1 too).

Supported migration is to install same version on new server, recover catalog, then upgrade.
See http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH77448

You need to upgrade your OpsCenter server. 7.5 server cannot be managed by 7.0 OpsCenter.

See NBU 7.x Upgrade Portal: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH74584

3. Upgrade to NetBackup 7.5 can occur from all NetBackup 6.x and NetBackup 7.x versions. OpsCenter should be updated first, followed by the NetBackup Master Server, then Media Servers, then Clients.

Ayes
Level 4

Thanks Marianne,

I have upgraded the opscentre server to 7.5.0.5 and is still referencing the old master server 7.0.1.

I expect it to see the 7.5.0.5 master since the name is same nbu1 and the 7.0.1 has been shut down

Kindly assist please

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

I am guessing that something has changed then - you could try disabling and re-enabling data collection but otherwise it would need to be removed and re-added

I have done similar upgrades / hardware refresh and do not remember an issue unless the IP address had changed on the new Master server as sometimes its added name and display name are not actually the same

You may end up loosing your historical data if you have to re-add it so maybe backup your OpsCenter database first in case you want to roll back

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Seems OpsCenter was NOT upgraded?

On 2 October the OpsCenter server was still at version 7.0.1: 

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/upgrading-opscentre-701-7506

watsons
Level 6

Is your Netbackup master server still carrying this setting in its "Netbackup registry" (for Windows) or /usr/openv/netbackup/bp.conf  (for Unix)?

Although it's pointing back to the same OpsCenter server, but I believe latest OpsCenter server does not use that anymore, try to comment it out from bp.conf or delete from registry, and retry data collection.

OPS_CENTER_SERVER_NAME = youropscenter.server.com