Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Optimized Duplication in NetBackUp

Dishant
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hi Guys,

Can you please provide some inputs on Optimized Duplication in NetBackUp. 

6 REPLIES 6

Ashish-Sharma
Level 6
Accredited

Dishant
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hi,

Is AIR and Optimized Duplication the same or they are entirely two different things???? 

Ashish-Sharma
Level 6
Accredited

Ashish-Sharma
Level 6
Accredited

optimized duplication allows disk-based backups to be replicated between

devices under NetBackup control. This means disaster recovery capability with optimized duplication of a site requires a

NetBackup domain that spans at least two geographically remote locations (regardless of the distance between them).

Until now, however, this type of replication has been limited to the NetBackup domain in which it originated.

Auto Image Replication offers you the ability to automatically manage the replication of a deduplicated backup image from

one NetBackup master server domain to another. This capability enables fast and scalable disaster recovery because

backup images are available for immediate recovery from any domain or global location, with minimized storage footprint

and bandwidth impact.

Dishant
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hi,

I've read the links but I'm a bit confused. Would like if you could throw some light on that as I've already read these links.

Dishant
Level 5
Partner Accredited

What exactly is optimized duplication out of the two below scenarios :-

Scenario 1

M1 backups 50 clients on its deduplication disk pool and the data is being replicated to M2's deduplication pool.

Scenario 2

M1 backups 50 clients on its deduplication disk pool and the data is being replicated to M2's deduplication pool. Also M2 backups 50 different and unique clients on its deduplication disk pool and the data is being replicated to M1's deduplication pool

What is the failover thing in optimized duplication.