cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Optimized duplication failure

Tape_Archived
   VIP   

dda01 => dda02 ( Being replicated via Data Domain replication option for long)

Both DD690 ,  OS -  5.2.3.0-380917, OST - 2.5.1.0-326737, Servers - Winodws 2008 R2 SP1

All hostname and IP's are mentioned in the host setting on the DD

Updated the Flag OptimizedImage recently on both dda01 and dda02 volume presented to NetBackup. Also changed the ddboost user password recently & updated the same on media servers

NBU Logs in Breif:

While performing duplication NetBackup says - Initiating optimized duplication from @aaagd to @aaah4 ; but it ends up - image open failed: error 2060046: plugin error; and optimized duplication failed, media open error (83)

Error Log from  dda02
TIME.492 (tid 0x2aaaaae1cc90): ostcreate: error 13
TIME.501 (tid 0x2aaaaae178e0): ddboost-<172.25.18.254-56538>: ddboost_api ERROR: ddp_open_file() failed for File: dda02vol/client_1433257201_C2_F1_R5:1433257201:Test-Backup:4:1::, Err: 5034-nfs create failed (nfs: Permission denied)
TIME.502 (tid 0x257cfc0): NOTICE: ddboost-<172.25.18.254-56538>: plugin ERROR: C:\Program Files\Veritas\NetBackup\bin\\ost-plugins\libstspiDataDomain.dll:stspi_create_image_do STS_EPLUGIN [DDErrNo = 5034 (the user has insufficient privilege)] pathname =dda02vol/client_1433257201_C2_F1_R5:1433257201:Test-Backup:4:1::

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tape_Archived
   VIP   

Well, I created another storageunit (mtree) on both the datadomains and followed the procedure to create the diskpool and then used SLP. The duplication ran saysing optimized duplication.

I just tried the option and it worked. One thing to note was the volume dda02 which is replicated copy of dda01 was READ ONLY (not sure why as there is replication pair set between dda01 voume & dda02 at datadomain level)

When I created the new storageunits (mtree volume) , the new volume on the dda02 is RW and optimizied duplication is working fine

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Amol_Nair
Level 6
Employee
You are receiving the following error from Data-Domain side. DDErrNo = 5034 (the user has insufficient privilege) Could you verify you have added the correct ddboost user credentials in Netbackup. Regarding the media open error can you run bpverify on the image using the following command bpverify -backupid <>

Tape_Archived
   VIP   

bpverify ran to success. Thanks Amol.

This week earlier I have updated the ddboost password and so did I ran the command to update the password on media servers.

When I run - tpconfig -dsh -stype DataDomain -all_hosts ; it gives me list of my media servers and ddboost user id.

Do i need to setup any other association between the storage units on the data domain to work optimized duplicaiton correctly, apart from replication set at the mtree level ??

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Seesm like password for the DDBOOST useer was updated for DD01 but not DD02. Its dd02 who is throwing the error messages.

Tape_Archived
   VIP   

Nicolai, I had changed the password for both the DD's and updated on the media servers. Here is the output credentials on media servers.  Here are listed my media serves, bck01 is my master.

tpconfig -dsh -stype DataDomain -all_hosts
==============================================================================
Media Server:                   bck03
Storage Server:                 dda01 <DataDomain>
User Id:                        ddboostuser <DataDomain>
Media Server:                   bck03
Storage Server:                 dda02 <DataDomain>
Media Server:                   bck02
Media Server:                   bck02
Media Server:                   bck04
Media Server:                   bck04

Tape_Archived
   VIP   

For me, it dosen't look like a ddboost user credential issue. What logs says is the permission issue so looks like there must some configuration that needs to be done from the datadomain end at the storage unit level. I have just set the datadomain level replication & ddboost user & nothing else so not sure if optimized duplication will work.

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

What version of NBU are you using ?

Could it be this TN apply ?

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH160733

run

# nbemmcmd -changesetting -common_server_for_dup required -servername "master server name"

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

I justed tested if "tpconfig -dsh -stype DataDomain -all_hosts" actual talk to the data domain by firewalling port 2049 off. The command does not actual talk to the data domain.

Looking for a alternate command....

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Try this command from bck02-04. This command actual talk to the data domain

nbdevconfig -inventorydp -stype DataDomain -dp {diskpoolname}

Command show the result of a inventory of the data domain

Tape_Archived
   VIP   

We are at NBU 7.5.0.6

Nicolai, I command above to do the inventory ran to success -

Disk pool rp-DDA02was successfully inventoried and updated with the following updates:

Old Raw Size (GB): 32579.22
New Raw Size (GB): 32579.22

Old Formatted Size (GB): 32579.22
New Formatted Size (GB): 32579.22

Old Host List: dda02
New Host List: dda02

The optimized duplication continue to fail with the same reason even after trying this command.

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Did you try to set the following option :

nbemmcmd -changesetting -common_server_for_dup required -servername "master server name"

Tape_Archived
   VIP   

I have other Disk Appliance that does the optimized duplication and its working fine. I am wondering this should not affect what is working right now.

The Exagrid optimized duplication is done by either of the media servers as no matter if it was backed up by any of the media servers

Tape_Archived
   VIP   

Well, I created another storageunit (mtree) on both the datadomains and followed the procedure to create the diskpool and then used SLP. The duplication ran saysing optimized duplication.

I just tried the option and it worked. One thing to note was the volume dda02 which is replicated copy of dda01 was READ ONLY (not sure why as there is replication pair set between dda01 voume & dda02 at datadomain level)

When I created the new storageunits (mtree volume) , the new volume on the dda02 is RW and optimizied duplication is working fine