Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle Archive_log backup job failing Error 6

Nayabsk
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi All, 

My Oracle backups failing with error as below. Please help me with the workaround.

Starting Control File and SPFILE Autobackup at 14.10.2014 11:37:22
released channel: ch00
RMAN-00571: ===========================================================
RMAN-00569: =============== ERROR MESSAGE STACK FOLLOWS ===============
RMAN-00571: ===========================================================
RMAN-03009: failure of Control File and SPFILE Autobackup command on ch00 channel at 10/14/2014 11:38:36
ORA-19506: failed to create sequential file, name="c-535381093-20141014-05", parms=""
ORA-27027: sbtremove2 returned error
ORA-19511: Error received from media manager layer, error text:
   Failed to remove, c-535381093-20141014-05, from image catalog.

I have already checked the permissions of bp.conf file , everything seems in place.

Thanks,

Nayab

22 REPLIES 22

nathanmike
Level 4
Partner

@Nayabsk,

Did you had time to verify first al the pre-reqs i have mentionned before?

If nothing has been changed, other Oracle instances are running on the same "cluster" without any problems and backup also, then you need to double check all the network configuration (DNS, /etc/hosts, IP address, IPV6 and Security context if SElinux/iptables is enabled)

LucSkywalker195
Level 4
Certified

I had some security patches about a month ago that changed some permissions on some log directories under /usr/openv. If the Oracle user account can't write out logs to the Netbackup client /usr/openv/netbackup/logs/user_ops/dbext/logs log directory you might see failures like this.

My RMAN jobs resumed once I opened up the permissions again.

nathanmike
Level 4
Partner

@Nayabsk,

As Luc mentionned, you need to setup permission correctly also and make usre oracle user have enough permission for logs and staging disk.