cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle Backup Query

Possible
Level 6
Accredited Certified

Common question...how to find the which is the parent job for given child job for oracle backups.

I know that there is tab "Parent Job ID"...but it just shows its own jobid.

Consider there are 100s of job in GUI...is there a single way to identify paernt job for given child (oracle backups).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

The only way i have really done this is to filter against the client name and schedule name - the schedule being your automatic one rather than the default application one - that way it only shows the parent jobs

For other types you can do a similar thing by filtering against client name and sorting by jobid and then scrolling down to the one that does not have a schedule name as normal backups do not have a schedule name shown at all

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

NO way...

for database backups all the streams are independent streams.. 

if you are starting the Oracle job from the netbackup end... the automatic backup will start all DB backup streams and it can consider as parent job.. but does not show it as the parent job.

if backups are starting from the DB end or from any 3 rd party scheduler... all the streams are consider as independent streams and no parent.

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Good point made by Nagalla. Where are the Oracle backups started from? NBU scheduler on master or cron/third party scheduler on client?

Possible
Level 6
Accredited Certified

Lets consider only scheduled jobs (NBU scheduling)....any other thoughts ?

Its horrible job for me to check when last FULL backup was successed (provided that its not in GUI and not in reports tab where u see only application backupe schedules).

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

The only way i have really done this is to filter against the client name and schedule name - the schedule being your automatic one rather than the default application one - that way it only shows the parent jobs

For other types you can do a similar thing by filtering against client name and sorting by jobid and then scrolling down to the one that does not have a schedule name as normal backups do not have a schedule name shown at all