cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle DB discovery - duplicate instances in admin console

elanmbx
Level 6

I recently have started to investigate OIP for our Oracle backups.  One of my hosts was configured with a FQDN in its bp.conf, which was not standard in our environment.  So I modified the bp.conf so "CLIENT_NAME" is no longer fully qualified.

Issue now is that I'm getting duplicate entries in my "All Instances" list for the host - one set for the non-qualified hostname and another for the FQDN.

Question is - how do I get rid of the duplicate set?  I've deleted the instances, but they come back.  I've restarted NBU services on the client.  I've tried clearing the host cache.

None of these have worked - the duplicate instances continue to show up.

OIP experts?  Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

the nbdisco service is responsible for discovering databases at the clients - I do not know if stopping the NBU client also include stopping nbdisco (I am not near a NBU client right now).

If it doesn't - well that could be the source to your frustrations. Check if there is a addition service for nbdisco and then stop/start nbdisco

Best Regards

Nicolai

jim_dalton
Level 6

What impact is this having, operationally? Ive got oracle clusters and I get three instances of each db appearing: one per host  as generated by nbdisco plus one I create for the db and its service address. When you create an oip you have to select the instance / address and add it to the policy...pick the one you want, the remainder are irrelevant. In my case the only relevant one is the one I created manually that has the service address in it. The other two created by nbdisco I just ignore.So unless this is impacting you, its of no relevance. If it is impacting you, please clarify.Jim

elanmbx
Level 6

Hmmm... it appears as if it was cached somewhere... I removed the FQDN instances this morning and they are no longer coming back.  Mystery unsolved.

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Thanks for the update.

If you are OK, I would like to lock the thread.