Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle Daily Full Backup failing with status 6

Nayabsk
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi All,

One of Oracle client daily full backup is failing with status code 6 (the backup failed to backup the requested files ).could anybody help me to fix this.

Thanks,

Nayab

5 REPLIES 5

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

Status code 6 is the generic error for database backup failurs. you need to check in detail for reason of failurs

1) does it ever worked fine?

2) let us know how it set up?

3) what is the job details status, dbclient log and RMAN log are saying?( attach those logs to this post)

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

The first log to check is the rman output file.
Location of this log can normally be found in the script. 
Please post this file.

Next log is dbclient on the Oracle client. It does not exist by default and must be created with 777 permission:
mkdir /usr/openv/netbackup/logs/dbclient
chmod 777 /usr/openv/netbackup/logs/dbclient

Nayabsk
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Let me check the log details and also create logs as specified by Maria.

Thanks,

Nayab

Nayabsk
Level 6
Partner Accredited

May i know what will be log name in SAP DB as well as we are facing error 6 for SAP DB backups as well.

So that i will post the requested logs here in the forum.

Thanks,

Nayab

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
As per my previous post - location of this log can normally be found in the script.  You really need to work with the dba to troubleshoot as status 6 is a generic code for failure on the database side. To see a full list of logs that are needed for db backups, download the Admin Guide for each agent and go through the Troubleshooting chapter to get a list of logs for that particular agent. You can find links to all manuals in the 'Handy NBU links' in my signature.