cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle Intelligent Policy

m_3sth3r
Level 3
Partner Accredited

We are running Netbackup 7.6.0.1 on OEL 5.8 and using Oracle Intelligent Policies to backup mostly Oracle 11.2.0.4 and .3

I want to create an instance group to put in the database credentials for a group.  We are using Database authentication as well as an RMAN catalog.

When I create a new instance group and select Oracle authentication it asks for username, password as well as the Net service name (TNS alias).  Which is a little bit of an issue since each database instance has a different tns alias.

Does this mean I can't use instance groups if we are using Oracle authentication?  If I don't fill in the net service name it fails on validation with an error "rman catalog credentials could not be validated".  Putting a netservice name in, and the validation is successfull (without touching the rman credentials)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jim_dalton
Level 6

Ive gone down the intelligent policy route and cant see how I can use the group feature, but am more than happy with it as it is given it cuts out a whole load of faffing with accounts. Jim

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

jim_dalton
Level 6

Ive gone down the intelligent policy route and cant see how I can use the group feature, but am more than happy with it as it is given it cuts out a whole load of faffing with accounts. Jim

m_3sth3r
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Hi Jim

I can use a instance group when we only use OS authentication only.  Then it works like a charm, one group one set of credentials.

I would have liked to use the db authentication in same way ....