cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle backups are failing with 29 error ( failed trying to exec a command)

TJN06
Level 3

RMAN

8 REPLIES 8

Mouse
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Has it ever worked before?

Do you have the executable bit set on /usr/openv/netbackup/ext/db_ext/oracle/samples/rman/wcpmig1_archiv.sh ?

Are there permissions for the Oracle user to write to the NBU Oracle client's log folders on the client and if you used the NBU template which is looks like you did, can you see /usr/openv/netbackup/ext/db_ext/oracle/samples/rman/wcpmig1_archiv.sh.out ?

Krutons
   VIP   

We've had this issue off an on since upgrading to 8.2 and are still looking into it with support. All I can say is good luck and I'll update if I ever find anything.

Marianne

@TJN06 

If you do not have access to the Oracle client, maybe a good idea to ask the dba to join this discussion? 

I am firstly curious to understand what the following means: 

... they told script is correctly initated.

How is script initiated? 
From NBU scheduler or from cron or cmd on the client?

Will the dba be willing to share the script, script output and NBU logs? 

All troubleshooting needs to be done on the client - very little (nothing?) that we can do from NBU master/media server. 

DBA team doen't share the scrpit and as i got update as they increased the channels.

Marianne

@TJN06 

Please read through everything in my previous post. 

Show the dba this discussion - you and the dba need to work together to get this resolved. 

Mike_Gavrilov

Error 29 means that some commands from the script return an error. You need RMAN output script to check if for any errors. You can create the folders:

/usr/openv/netbackup/logs/bphdb
/usr/openv/netbackup/logs/dbclinet

then re-produce the error and try to find the error in these logs. If you don't have direct access to the client you can use Logging Assistant it really helps in  such cases.

Can any one update me how to write the scrpits and how to allocate channles for RMAN scrpit.

Marianne
How well do you know Oracle?
Do you have access to the Oracle server and Oracle user credentials?
Will you be able to look at the NBU sample scripts and customize it?

Any chance you could rather work with Oracle dba?
Or try Oracle Intelligent policies (with dba assistance)?