cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle database re-directed restore failing with status 37 (requested by invalid server)

Bharath_Achar1
Level 2
4 REPLIES 4

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Just a (modified) log without any background does not help.

If we only look at the log, I can show you the error, but will that help you?
Will that help me to know if you have created altnames touchfiles?
And if proper source name for the original client was supplied in the browse/restore request?

Error:

02:02:12.113 [16156.11224] <16> is_redirected_restore_allowed: One or more input parameters are invalid.

thanks for the quick response, 

yes, touch file  is already existing on the master server(No.restriction).

same RMAN restore script is working for other servers. we have given the proper source name in restore script.

we are able to browse the images from bpcliimagelist from dest client the backup of source client.

Job detailed status is showing nothing.

Please help me, let me know if you need anyother information.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

It is not possible to say what is wrong here with the modified snippets of bprd log.

Your attempts to change source and destination names are not the same right through and it seems some lines are missing.

If you cannot post the full, unmodified bprd log (as .txt extention), best to log a call with Veritas Support where your logs will not be publicly visible.

Suggest you look at this post:

https://vox.veritas.com/t5/NetBackup/General-database-backup-error-troubleshooting/m-p/675381

it was made for backup, but restore is using many of the same processes/logs.

In my experience most alternate Oracle restore problems is caused by names and/or name resolution.

The standard questions: Have you checked: 1) What has changed. 2) The manual 3) If there are any tech notes or VOX posts regarding the issue