cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle db fails with error 13 and 6

nikhil_khanna
Level 2

I had a successful oracle db backup prior to NBU upgrade from 7.6.1.2 to 7.7.3. archive backup or file system are working successfully.

Now db backups  child job is failing with error 13. 

NBU master/media server - Redhat 6.7 - NBU 773, NBU client - Redhat 6.7 - NBU 773, db version - 11.2.0.4.0

RMAN-03009: failure of backup command on ch00 channel at 10/17/2016 10:10:47
ORA-27192: skgfcls: sbtclose2 returned error - failed to close file
ORA-19511: Error received from media manager layer, error text:
Failed to process backup file <rrriiu3k_1_1>
ORA-19502: write error on file "rrriiu3k_1_1", block number 1 (block size=16384)
ORA-27030: skgfwrt: sbtwrite2 returned error
ORA-19511: Error received from media manager layer, error text:
VxBSASendData: Failed with error:

Can anyone please help. attached dbclient, rman bphdb and bpbrm logs

3 REPLIES 3

Michael_G_Ander
Level 6
Certified

Did you relink or recreate the libobk symbolic link after the upgrade ?

Have seen lot of Oracle backup errors stem from failing to do that. Make sure that the library is not in use while doing the relink or recreating of the symbolic link.

Other than that status 13 usually is either permission or connection issue.

The standard questions: Have you checked: 1) What has changed. 2) The manual 3) If there are any tech notes or VOX posts regarding the issue

Thanks for your reply Michael, i did relinking but issue still persists. Except netbackup level upgradation, nothing has been changed. Not sure what to else need to check. Archive logs backup is working fine. So cant expect network issue also.

Any other troubleshooting step.??

Only other stuff I can up with is described in this post:

https://vox.veritas.com/t5/NetBackup/General-database-backup-error-troubleshooting/m-p/675381.

As the archive backups work, I would guess network issue like timeout or connection broken by firewall.

This is often the problem with the control file backup, looks to me like it takes about 30 minutes from initiation to actual backup start.

The standard questions: Have you checked: 1) What has changed. 2) The manual 3) If there are any tech notes or VOX posts regarding the issue