cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overall opinions, comments, concerns on 6.5.2

El_Duderino
Level 2

Hello,

Looking for comments, concerns, opinions on Netbackup 6.5.2.  Boss heard some bad things about this M.P. and wanted to get others opinions on the version.

Thanks,

The Dude

9 REPLIES 9

Omar_Villa
Level 6
Employee

yes he is correct a lot of issues with 6.5.2, go to 6.5.2a and request for the nbpem bin to symantec, then you will be fine.

regards

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6

I have upgraded to 6.5.2a (unix master/media)

I have not seen anything bad yet.

but I don't use a LOT of what is avail. I just do plain backups and use the exchange, don't use any other database items.

Ron_Cohn
Level 6

@omar Villa wrote:

yes he is correct a lot of issues with 6.5.2, go to 6.5.2a and request for the nbpem bin to symantec, then you will be fine.

Which of the problems did nbpem bin fix?  Was it the "running a full, even though it should have been a differential".  From the screaming in the forum, it does not fix the calendar crossing the 00:00.

I now have a project to change all my calendar based schedules to frequency based - just so that I can upgrade to 6.5.2a without too much heartburn.

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

@Ron Cohn wrote:

Which of the problems did nbpem bin fix?  Was it the "running a full, even though it should have been a differential".  From the screaming in the forum, it does not fix the calendar crossing the 00:00.

I now have a project to change all my calendar based schedules to frequency based - just so that I can upgrade to 6.5.2a without too much heartburn.

There IS an nbpem fix which correctly crosses midnight.  Open a case and reference this TechNote:

BUG REPORT: Queued backups with 24x7 windows are failing at midnight with status code 196.

http://support.veritas.com/docs/305656

I know, I just posted this in another thread.  I'm big on repetition.  Smiley Wink

Ron_Cohn
Level 6

Chris,

I am following this on multiple threads too!

Now for the next question:  Does the hotfix have to be uninstalled BEFORE applying the 6.5.3 update?  I know in the MS world, we have to do this.  How about the Symantec world?

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Yes, you can install 6.5.3 on top of any 6.5.2+EEB environments...as well as any other 6.5 GA or 6.5.x environments.  (Or at least, that's the way it's always been in the past and I have no indications it will be any different with this release.)

To answer your other question in the other thread, I don't know about "right" and "wrong" but the behaviour should be as it always was...including in 6.5.1.  ;)

Ron_Cohn
Level 6
You have made me a "Happy Camper"!

dami
Level 5
I've been running 6.5.2 now on two W2K3 environments and (as we always run full backups) was not concerned with going to 6.5.2a ... So far, the best version I have seen. Works great & SSO is super reliable (unlike 6.0MP5 on Windows). Very happy with it.

Peter_Jakobs
Level 5
Partner Accredited Certified

Just installed my 4th !!!!   binary patch in 6.5.2a

and I'm still havin' 2 calls open.

looks more that I'm a beta tester

Still regret the day that I had to leave version 5....

Peter