cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PBX Cluster Service Failure

stodan19
Level 2
On most of my Windows Server 2003 clusters I keep getting PBX failure alerts. The exact alert is: "Cluster Resource 'PBX-servername' in Resource Group 'PBX-ClusterGroup-ServerName' Failed"
The only solution that I have found online is to remove the pbx agent but they are connected to a SAN and I read that if it runs SAN or NOM I should not remove. Any suggestions?
6 REPLIES 6

rj_nbu
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Hi

check the event viewer logs for any entries such as:

"The Cluster Resource Monitor could not load the DLL C:\Program Files\VERITAS\VxPBX\bin\\pbxmscs.dll for resource type pbxmscs"

What are these servers? Media Servers or just Clients?

scorpy_582
Level 6
Is netbackup installed as cluster-aware. This means, is netbackup configured to failover?

IF netbackup is not installed cluster-aware, then you can safely remove the PBX-ClusterGroup.

Refer this:

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/287349.htm

I believe that even if you have NOM, it should be safe to remove the service group as long as the PBX service is set to "automatic" in services.msc

NOTE: Apart from Netbackup, PBX is also used by Storage Foundation products. (For VEA)

stodan19
Level 2
They are just clients and I could not find any entries matching that. All the entries say what was descipted in my initial post.

lu
Level 6
Is there a way to install the Windows client without having those Cluster resources created ? (a command line switch to setup.exe?)

lu
Level 6
It seems that PBXCONFIGURECS="FALSE" should work... I'll check this today.

lu
Level 6
I confirm, with PBXCONFIGURECS="FALSE" on the last line of silentinstall.bat AND in silentpatch.bat Do not forget this in the patch or the resources will be created at that time.