cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PROBLEM WITH INSTALL PBX ON AIX 5.3 IBMSERIESP

TheBlackMamba
Level 3
HIE EVERYBODY!!!! YOU KNOW I´VE GOT A PROBLEM, I HAVE A AIX 5.3 IBMSERIESP SERVER AND I WANT TO INSTALL NB 6.5 MEDIA SERVER, BUT WHEN I WANT TO INSTALL THE PBX PACKAGE, DISPLAY DE NEXT ERROR:

MXPRU1 /sapcds/nbinst/NB_65_ICS_1.4.37.0_AIX =>./install

Can't locate CPI/common/CPI.pm in @INC (@INC contains: ./authentication/scripts ./perl/lib/5.8.8/aix-thread-multi ./perl/lib/5.8.8/aix-thread-multi ./perl/lib/5.8.8 ./perl/lib/site_perl/5.8.8/aix-thread-multi ./perl/lib/site_perl/5.8.8/aix-thread-multi ./perl/lib/site_perl/5.8.8 ./perl/lib/site_perl/5.8.8/aix-thread-multi ./perl/lib/site_perl/5.8.8 ./perl/lib/site_perl /opt/VRTSperl/lib/5.8.8/aix-thread-multi /opt/VRTSperl/lib/5.8.8 /opt/VRTSperl/lib/site_perl/5.8.8/aix-thread-multi /opt/VRTSperl/lib/site_perl/5.8.8 /opt/VRTSperl/lib/site_perl .) at ./installics line 7.

BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./installics line 7.

I HOPE THAT SOMEBODY HELPS ME, PLISS!!
THAK YOU!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Srikanth_Gubbal
Level 6
Certified
6.5_ICS.1.4.37.5_AIX this was the latest verison available in software site; i have cross-verfied... this version itself worked for me for same issue..
can recheck in excecuting that script.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

awierzbicki
Level 3
I have the same problem :) Anybody knows what is it???

scorpy_582
Level 6
 I believe that the install script is looking for CPI.pm which is a perl module required for installation.

Try running this:

From the directory where installics is located:

find ./ -name CPI.pm

Also run:

grep -i CPI installics

Post the outputs here and may be we can find a clue..

Srikanth_Gubbal
Level 6
Certified
PBX installables for AIX provided with the release media had a known issue; so it was updated with new installables; login to Symantec softwares downloads and get the latest base.

it worked for me;

awierzbicki
Level 3
I don't know why but when I put Install CD into CD-ROM in my server and try to install from there it's working, but when I try to install from binnary copied to local disk it;s not wirking:)

regards

Srikanth_Gubbal
Level 6
Certified
uncompression would have failed, in earlier case and the workaround stated earlier worked in my case.

Givgov
Level 3
Hi, I also have the same prob, I have got the 6.5_ICS.1.4.37.5_AIX download for this software (no cd available),

I can see the pm module in:

# find ./ -name CPI.pm
./infrastructure_core_services/scripts/CPI/common/CPI.pm

and this is the script that is using it:

# grep -i CPI installics
CPI=`find $DIRNAME -name CPI | sort | sed -n 1p | sed 's/\/CPI//'`
[ -n "$CPI" ] && IOPT="-I$CPI "
IOPT="-I/opt/VRTSperl/lib/site_perl/CPI "
use CPI::common::CPI;
use CPI::train::common::ICS;
use CPI::train::AIX::ICS;
CPI::main();

Am I using the latest or can anybody help with the above,

Cheers
Gav

Givgov
Level 3
I have found this from www.netbackuphowto.com

not sure if it should be used or not but seemed to get past the above error but did get a new error which I have posted aswell...

""Copying the files from a Windows machine will indeed break the ICS installation, however this message is not caused by missing execute permissions. It is caused by a substandard installation script:

# grep CPI installics | grep find
CPI=`find $DIRNAME -name CPI | sort | sed -n 1p | sed ’s/\/CPI//’`
# find $DIRNAME -name CPI | sort | sed -n 1p | sed ’s/\/CPI//’
./authentication/scripts
# find . -name CPI.pm
./infrastructure_core_services/scripts/CPI/common/CPI.pm

I changed “1p” to “3p” and now ./installics gets past this error. But why the script developer decided to pick the first directory named CPI rather than the directory containing CPI.pm, I do not know.""

Srikanth_Gubbal
Level 6
Certified
6.5_ICS.1.4.37.5_AIX this was the latest verison available in software site; i have cross-verfied... this version itself worked for me for same issue..
can recheck in excecuting that script.

Givgov
Level 3
Hi, did you manage to re-run that script ? I can get past the error above by making that script change but then get the errors in the below discussion thread.  Not sure if its a solution yet though ?

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/vrtsicsco-install-problems-when-upgrading-60mp4-653

Thanks
Gavin.