cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parsing error in Client Backup report. Says check log. Which log?

someoldman
Level 3

2 weeks ago  upgraded to NBU 7.7.1 from 7.6.0.4.   Everything went well, except now we get an error message when running the Client Backups report from the Administration console.    The message reads  "An error has occurred while parsing the report data. Please check the logs"     But I am unclear as to which logs I should be checking.     That said, it appears that a couple of the policies I've had for a long time are somehow involved.   I can run a client report if I specify a client outside certain policies, but if I specify a client in a few policies, then the error shows up.    I check the"All Log Entries" report and the "Problems" report and neither are helpful.   Everything else seems fine.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
I would start with admin log. Check if the log folder exists on the master under netbackup/logs. If not, create the folder and check next time you see the error.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
I would start with admin log. Check if the log folder exists on the master under netbackup/logs. If not, create the folder and check next time you see the error.

someoldman
Level 3

Admin logs was it.   Or at least there was enough info there to give me a hint what the issue was or might be.

I've never (ok, rarely) actually entered in new/refreshed license keys since we originally bought years ago.   We have the licenses to do what we do and everything works....but apparently this new level of NBU actually checks whether or not we have licenses enough to cover all the front end terabytes for using Accelerator.    I've updated the license keys in NBU now to reflect everything, but still need to get the opportunity to restart all the daemons on a very busy system.