cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partially successful GRT SharePoint backup

mohamed_elfateh
Level 3
Partner

**** MOVED to new discussion from https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/vm-sharepoint-2013-grt-error-netbackup-7611-client-nf...  ****

NFS Service error has been solved

But

Still Getting Pertially Successful and i can't browse Grt files in Sharepoint backup ?!!

5/18/2015 9:46:06 AM - Warning bpbrm(pid=7932) from client Cluster-SQL : WRN - snapshot creation successful, with the following condition: SharePoint Agent does not support compressed databases for granular restores of items.
5/18/2015 9:46:06 AM - Warning bpbrm(pid=7932) from client Cluster-SQL : WRN - snapshot creation successful, with the following condition: SharePoint Agent does not support compressed databases for granular restores of items.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

The reason seems pretty clear:

SharePoint Agent does not support compressed databases for granular restores of items.

You need to speak to Sharepoint admins - if they want to compress databases, they cannot have GRT backup or restore.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

The reason seems pretty clear:

SharePoint Agent does not support compressed databases for granular restores of items.

You need to speak to Sharepoint admins - if they want to compress databases, they cannot have GRT backup or restore.

mohamed_elfateh
Level 3
Partner

how can i decompressed all sharepoint databases ?!!

watsons
Level 6

You need to bring this question to your Sharepoint vendor or Microsoft, because Netbackup cannot do anything about this. FYI, I tried to lookup related Netbackup technotes but could not find any.

KeirL
Level 6
Partner

Hi Mohamed

Did you manage to resolve this?

It looks to me that this is something inherent with SharePoint 2013 and SQL 2014 - which is probabaly why the NetBackup SharePoint Agent isn't yet supported when using SP 2013 with SQL 2014 database servers.

Let me know if you have any updates....

cheers