Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partially successful backups

Cesar_Contreras
Level 2
Certified

Hi,

Despite already add in the exclusion list of files that can not open, my backups end with status partially successful, showing the same files that NBU can not open because they are open, as if not taking into account the exclusion list, what other step do I need to make them 100% successful?.

I have 120 clients

10 are partially succesful and Windows 2003 with MS SQL.

Greetings and thanks for your comments.

Cesar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

trying to exclude the MSSQL files from them - can you please provide us with your exclude_list entries & examples from job details or wherever of those files/paths that are not being excluded but should be?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

Have you got WOFB set for these clients?

Host Properties/Master Servers/master/Client Attributes/client/WOFB tab.

Additionally - just noticed you mentioned MSSQL - are you using the agent?

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Nothing quick and easy about eliminating status 1's on Windows clients...

Check Problem Report for each status 1 client and see what else is being skipped.

Cesar_Contreras
Level 2
Certified

Hello

With a SQL policy type can successfully backed up the database.

With another standard policy, the file system is backed up with the "ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES" directive (requested by my user), this policy is when it shows me the problem of not able to backup open files, one of them is the DAT file of the database, of course I do not want to backup this file in this way, but NBU still considering the file.

Regarding WOFB, you mean backup open files? I also tried and the result is the same "Partially SUCCESSFUL".

Thanks for your help.

César

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Double check Host Properties for this client.

Is *.dat in the exclude list?

spulipati
Level 3

Just would like to make sure that you have excluded *.MDF, *.LDF files from FS backup policy. As far as i remember we have *.CHK files that are related to SQL DB. If yes then try excluding this as well.

Its worth checking whether Volume Shadow Copy service in the windows 2003 client is set to Automatic started or Manual. Also check if the WOFB_enabled is set to yes and WOFB_FIM is set VSS on the Netbackup master server.

Also check if Shadow copies on each drive is enabled (this can be checked from the disk properties of each drive using manage on each windows 2003 host).

It will be really helpful if you can provide the output of "bperror -jobid <jobid>" use the jobid of the job that ended up with status code 1.

Thanks

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

trying to exclude the MSSQL files from them - can you please provide us with your exclude_list entries & examples from job details or wherever of those files/paths that are not being excluded but should be?