cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Policy Schedules

Kev_Lamb
Level 6

Hi,

Not sure if this is a daft question or not or even if it is at all possible but here goes:

I have a policy that contains multiple clients which performs an Inc Mon-Thu and a Full on Fri, I have had a request to change the Inc on the Thursday to a Full for one of the clients, No I know that I can simply create a seperate policy for the client and then remove it from the shared policy and then put it all back on the Monday and disable the new policy, I just wondered if there was a simpler way of adjusting a schedule for one clinet is  a shared policy?

Kev 

Attitude is a small thing that makes a BIG difference
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
4 REPLIES 4

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

We use them regularly for one off requests of full backups.- we don't even bother to take them out of the original policy, but that's our choice and safer if you should forget to add it back!

We keep them there & just amend the client, calendar, backup selection or whatever.

The only way I can think of at the mo utilising your current policy would probably be a right royal pain to administer - create your new FULL schedule & then add exclude lists for that specific schedule for everything/all drives or whatever on all clients except the one you want!!

Much much easier to create the new policy, plus it won't interfere with your current incrementals

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

if i understand it correct...

you just need to change the incr of Thursday to Fulll only for one time and for one client.

after that week you want to go with the regular schduele.. inc in Mon-`Thu a Full on Fri.

if that is the case... i would suggest you to go with the manual backup for that day.. by scheduling automatically with the help of the cron..

bpbackup -i ... and some switch  will require to start it..

if that is not the case.. let me know..

Kev_Lamb
Level 6

Cheers Andy, Might just add the new policy and run the one off backup and leave the client in the original policy, causes some issues with the VLS as this one off backup will not be deduplicated as the it is policy based dedupe but hey ho something we will have to live with....thanks for the feedback, there is definately something in the one client one policy option that some people use..

Thanks Nagalla, you are indeed correct, I could manually do the full backup via cron but would this then also have the Inc run as this is scheduled within the main policy so I could end up with two backups for the client.

kev

Attitude is a small thing that makes a BIG difference

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

Too true!