cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Policy Update

koundinya
Level 1

Hello,

Have recently modified policy schedules in an existing policy. Created a new schedules for both Differential and Full backups, and deleted old schedules through which Full and Differential backups have been done manually. There are no scheduled backups. 

The scheduled Differential backup to be triggered next day has not started. Tried manual backup of Differential backup with new schedule. However, the polcy defined scheduled backup type is showing Differential, but when backup started it was taking a Full backup. 

Does, deleting old schedules of Full backup have any impact on newly created schedules. Will Differential backups trigger before an Full backup is done?

NetBackup 7.7.3 Version was used for VMWare backups.

4 REPLIES 4

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...moved to the correct forum!

Will_Restore
Level 6

That is correct, since the schedules changed the first Differential will really do a Full backup. 

I agree with Will. Any time I make a schedule change within a policy I just assume the next run will act like a new policy and capture everything as if it has never been backed up before. 

Mr__Saz
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Hello Friend,

Well lets try to separate all the answers here.

The scheduled Differential backup to be triggered next day has not started. 
This is not the expected behavior, the differential backup should have started as planned on the schedule. Mayde you should check if the frequency is right or, in case of calendar, check the "exclude dates", "include Dates" or even the "go into effect at:" of the policy to see if the jobs should really run.

Use the following command to see what is scheduled to run.
nbpemreq -predict_all -date mm/dd/yyyy <HH:MM:SS> 

Does, deleting old schedules of Full backup have any impact on newly created schedules.
Yes it does, as said by Will, when you create a new schedule you should first run a full backup prior to the next diff backup or those will run as full backups.

Regards,
Mr. Saz