cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PostgreSQL is already installed on this machine. Uninstall the existing PostgreSQL and retry this setup

pellyaprai_prai
Level 3
Certified

Dear All,

I type to install netbackup media server but I meet error 

"PostgreSQL is already installed on this machine. Uninstall the existing PostgreSQL and retry this setup"

and I serch solution on internet, then I meet http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH148122 .I solve solution forrow this lisk.But It not work ,I still meet error PostgreSQL is already installed on this machine.Uninstall the existing PostgreSQL and retry this setup . 

Server : window server 2008 R2 x64

Please help me solving this qestion 

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

TECH148122 seems workaround for the host on which PDDE was incorrectly installed.

If another PostgreSQL instance is really installed like your case, I think, you need to uninstall it as suggested, or you need to request EEB which enable you to install NetBackup keeping another PostgreSQL instance(like TECH182539).

For first, log a case with Symantec Support.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

More info, please....

Is this a new installation or an upgrade?

What other applications are installed on this media server?

Have you rebooted the server after you have completed steps in TECH148122?

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

As Marianne says we need more info - a reboot may sort it or you may need to clean the server up if it is an upgrade - this is a possible but don't follow it until unless it matches your situation:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH148122

pellyaprai_prai
Level 3
Certified

New install and I reboot server after completeed steps in TECH148122.But the error is still.

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

AH! 64 bit - is it 7.5?

If so use this one:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH182539

pellyaprai_prai
Level 3
Certified

No,I want to install netbackup 7.1

pellyaprai_prai
Level 3
Certified

Dear all

I search in my computer I found postgreSQL process in HP software.Then I stop postgreSQL process and HP service before reinstall again but the error still display.

Thank you 

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6

TECH148122 seems workaround for the host on which PDDE was incorrectly installed.

If another PostgreSQL instance is really installed like your case, I think, you need to uninstall it as suggested, or you need to request EEB which enable you to install NetBackup keeping another PostgreSQL instance(like TECH182539).

For first, log a case with Symantec Support.

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Aha! So my second question revealed the problem:

What other applications are installed on this media server?

Just stopping the process won't help - the software is still installed...

"PostgreSQL is already installed on this machine. Uninstall the existing PostgreSQL and retry this setup."

pellyaprai_prai
Level 3
Certified

HP P6000 Performance Data Collector . Now I remove HP P6000 Performance Data Collector and reinstall again. 

pellyaprai_prai
Level 3
Certified

Dear All

Thank you for solution Now I can install Netbackup Media complete after uninstall HP P6000 Performance Data Collector .

Thank you very much