cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Postpone creation of this copy until the source copy is about to expire (Netbackup 8.1.2)

Bessam
Level 4

Hello,

I request your expertise regarding the subject of the option, "Postpone creation of this copy until the source copy is about to expire", for my situation this option were disabled, but after a firmware and OS upgrade, this option were automatically enabled and is blocking old images (before upgarde) to be replicated, and when executing nbstlutil, I have this

Master Server : "name of master"
Backup ID : servername_1591773663
Copy Number : 102
Copy Type : 3 (REPLICATE_TO_REMOTE_MASTER)
Expire Time : 0 (0 secs)
Expire LC Time : 1594797663 (2020/07/15 09:21:03)
Try To Keep Time : 1594797663 (2020/07/15 09:21:03)
Residence : *Remote*Master*:SLP
Copy State : 8 (DEFERRED)
Job ID : 0
Retention Type : 0 (FIXED)
MPX State : 0 (false)
RetryCount : 0
Last Retry Time : 0 (0 secs)
Source : 1
Destination ID : (none specified)
Replica: : 0
DataFormat : 0 (DF_UNDEFINED)
SLP Index : 2

My question is, how to change the option to disabled to let old images to be completly replicated and not to have the state "Deferred" (I hope my question is clear).

My second question, is there any relation between firmware/OS upgrade, and the option that was changed to enabled.

Netbackup: 8.1.2

Master server is a Linux.

5 REPLIES 5

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

I think you need to update the previous version of the SLP, where the option was disabled. Each time time you edit a SLP, it become a independent version, so changes to a SLP will not apply to past images.

How To Modify A Specific Version Of A Specific Storage Lifecycle Policy

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100007040

Thank you Nicolai for your reply.

I will see if that suits my issue and let you informed.

Hello @Nicolai,

It did not change the situation, maybe I will replicate old image to lighten backlog, and let the option enabled for next image.

I'll let you informed regarding actions wich will be done.

Can you share the command you ran to perform Nicolai's recommendation? Nbstl command should have worked to change that option.

Hello @EthanH,

There is a change just for backup image after the upgrade, I still have the state "deferred" for image before the upgrade of one of the media.