cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preforming a Simple Restore of a server that has been decomissioned.

Sherbert_Punt
Level 3
I have 3 Clients that have now been decomissioned and their physical tin is now no more..

I now want to restore their contents from the tape to a directory on the backup server..

Problem is when I select the client from the back up and restore wizard and look for backup history, nothing! :(

I suppose what I am saying is what is the process to do a system restore for a server that has been decomissiond..

As you might have guessed I am rather new at this and appreciate your patience and long suffering...

Kind Regards

Sherbert Punt
4 REPLIES 4

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
If you select correct policy type and source client, backup history shows unexpired images.
Check policy type and source client on BAR again.

If you are right and backup history show nothing, search images from [NetBackup Management]-[Catalog] to make sure images are exist.

Sherbert_Punt
Level 3
Hi Yasuhisa,

I have checked my details using the back up and restore wizard - and still no joy no lines returned in backup history...

So that would mean that the images have expired, would it not?

No when I search the Management -> Catalog I do see images if i right click my mouse I see a verify option..

You know what I am agoing to ask next, will the verify option verify the image and help me to restore?

--Sherbert

rj_nbu
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
 Hi Sherbert,

If you are able to see images in catalog, that means that the images are not expired. follow the directions in the technote below

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/316920.htm

-Rajeev

netbackup_rooki
Level 4
Certified

what was the retention of final backups?

are you using the correct client name?

can you see the directory/folder for this client under /usr/oepnv/netbackup/bin/images/ ?

if the directory and there are subfolder exist then definatly the images are in catalog.