cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Presenting datastore LUNs from multiple vsphere platforms to same VMware backup host

Paul_Esson
Level 3
Partner Certified

We have been running a Windows 2008 VMware Backup Host in NetBackup 7.5 successfully for some time.  The Backup Host uses SAN transport and has datastore LUNs from a vSphere 5.5 instance mounted over FC.  A new vSphere 6.0 instance has been introduced using iSCSI storage.  Assuming I upgrade to 7.7 first to support vSphere 6.0, can I zone these datastore LUNs to the same VMware Backup Host and add the vCenter 6.0 credentials to NetBackup to enable VM backups for this instance too?  

I would add dedicated NICs to the server for the iSCSI connectivity and for now lets assume the Backup Host's performance is not an issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Michal_Mikulik1
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

It seems you have actually opened 3 questions: SAN transport over iSCSI, multiple vCenter datastores zoning, and multiple vCenters registration in NetBackup. But answer to all is yes, it is possible and supported.

Rgds

Michal

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Michal_Mikulik1

It seems you have actually opened 3 questions: SAN transport over iSCSI, multiple vCenter datastores zoning, and multiple vCenters registration in NetBackup. But answer to all is yes, it is possible and supported.

Rgds

Michal

Paul_Esson
Level 3
Partner Certified

Hi Michal,

Thanks for the quick reply.  I had not intended to pose three questions and had already confirmed SAN transport over iSCSI and multiple vCenter registration in NetBackup were supported.  Excuse the poor wording.

Regards,

Paul Esson

Michal_Mikulik1

Hello Paul,

ok - if answered, mark this please as solved.

Michal