cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in backup Virtual Machine Hyper V - the backup failed to back up the requested files(6)

robson_correa1
Level 3
Good afternoon everyone .
I need help .

I have the following failure: the backup failed to back up the requested files ( 6).

Is this failure occurs in the backup of a virtual machine - Hyper V.

This client Machine was migrated from VMware to Hyper V.

Here some information from the environment :

MasterServer :
Netbackup Version: 7.0.02

MediaServer : OS: Linux RedHat 6
Netbackup Version: 7.0.02

Server Hyper : Hyper V manager 6.3.9600

Attention : So checked in the following error in Integration Services on this client machine :

' WSUS - 1' : The Data Exchange integration service is not enabled Either , not running or not initialized . (Virtual machine 7FE73051 - C431-4BF3-9444-4846C0B6C3A6 ID )

The following attachments logs and failures ..
2 REPLIES 2

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

1) What version of NetBackup Client (or did you intentially install NetBackup Media Server) on the Hyper-V host?

2) Did you un-install VMtools from within the VM - whilst it was still on VMware - before powering it down for the last time?

3) Is VM tools still installed?

4) Did you install the Hyper-V VM co-requirement within the VM - i.e. do you have the correct version of vmicres.dll installed within the guest VM?

Dollypee
   VIP    Certified

Hi, Are you attempting to perform a snapshot backup of the VM or you have installed netbackup agent on the VM and wanted to backup as you  would do for physical server.

If running a snapshot backup, a whole lot of factors can contribute to this error. Best practise is to isolate. So could you please do the following :

1. verify & ensure vmwaretools are running.

2. Depending on chosen identifier in vmware policy, ensure VM to backup is properly identified by netbackup.

3. If using san transport, ensure respective datastore hosting the VM to backup is mapped to media server that'll be writing the backup job. if using nbd, no need to worry about masking datastore lun to media server.

Please perform above task, retry backup and advise status. please also provide respective logs