cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Metal Restore Clients

Lopez_Diaz
Level 4

Hello, I created a Policy with the Policy Type: MS-Windows. The Backup Selections are ALL_LOCAL_DRIVERS and System_State. In the Attributes tab the Bare Metal Restore options: Collect true image restore information and with move detection are selected. The problems is that after I do the manual backup or the schedule backup run, the client not appears in the Bare Metal Restore Clients.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mandar_khanolka
Level 6
Employee

Hi Lopez,

Looking at the error, i believe on your client system some device drivers are not configured well. Please can you open windows device mgr and check if there is any incomplete driver configuration for any device marked. If yes, please try installing correct driver and take bmr backup.

thanks.

mandar

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

LucSkywalker195
Level 4
Certified

You do understand what BMR is for right? Do you have it configured correctly in your environment? Do you have a BMR boot server and the SRT's correctly setup? BMR is only used to boot a platform off your network and put enough OS and client software on it to do the full restore.

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Please also mention your NBU version? 
All we can see is NBU 7.1 or earlier.

Is your master server Solaris?

Have you done 'bmrsetupmaster' on the master?

Lopez_Diaz
Level 4

Hello Marianne, the NBU version is 7.1.0.4. The master server is Solaris.  I added one shared resource tree but the state is in Locked Write. The server that was used to do the Bare Metal Restore- Boot Server Assistant have just 63.8 MB of free space. So think that maybe this is the cause of that state in the shared resource tree. Thank in advance.

Lopez_Diaz
Level 4

Hello, here are the job detail error.

mandar_khanolka
Level 6
Employee

Hi Lopez,

Looking at the error, i believe on your client system some device drivers are not configured well. Please can you open windows device mgr and check if there is any incomplete driver configuration for any device marked. If yes, please try installing correct driver and take bmr backup.

thanks.

mandar

Lopez_Diaz
Level 4

Hello, yes the problem was  a device driver. The driver was the LSI Logic PCI-X Ultra320 SCSI Host Adapter that is used in VMWare machines. With the Hardware Update Wizard from the Device Manager the problem was corrected. Thank you!