cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Staging Schedule

AshGrove_JT
Level 4
I have recently upgraded to NetBackup 6.5.4 and so far have had no problems until today, and I don't really know if this is a result of the upgrade or not...

Today I wanted to modify the start time of a Storage Unit Staging Schedule and once I did and clicked OK to change the schedule I received an error "The storage Unit, xxxx, could not be added, status: 11 System call Failed",  I hit OK and cancel, then I went to check the schedule again and now all my schedules are blank and it won't let me change or alter any of them...I also tried to add a new storage group and assign a schedule and I get the same error.  I also rebooted the server and tried again with the same error...Any ideas?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mouse
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Do you have this checkbox marked:

staging.PNG
Directory can exist on the root file system or system disk
Enable this BasicDisk storage unit setting to allow the directory that is created in the Absolute pathname to directory field to exist on:
■ the root file system (UNIX) or
■ a system drive (Windows).

When this setting is enabled, the directory is created automatically. If a storage
unit is configured on C: drive and this option is not enabled, backups fail with
error code 12.

Caution: With this setting enabled, the system drive may fill up.

A job fails under the following conditions:
■ If the checkbox is clear, and if the directory already exists on a system drive.
■ If the checkbox is clear, and the requested directory is to be created on a system drive.

From Veritas NetBackup (tm) 6.5 Administrator's Guide for Windows, Volume 1: Provides information on performing most common configuration and administration tasks with NetBackup 6.5 including: - Managing media, storage units, unit groups, catalogs and lifecycle policies - Firewall Configuration - Firewall ports used for communication  

Page 224

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Mouse
Just delete the DSSU and create it from scratch? 

AshGrove_JT
Level 4
I tried to create one from scratch, but I get the same error when I try to assign a schedule to it..If I don't click on "Enable Temporary Staging area" and then try to assign a schedule everything works fine

Mouse
 what was the source version, before the upgrade?

aren't your DSSU folders on the root of drive where Windows is installed?

AshGrove_JT
Level 4

The source version was 6.5.3 and yes my folders are on the root...

Mouse

Do you have this checkbox marked:

staging.PNG
Directory can exist on the root file system or system disk
Enable this BasicDisk storage unit setting to allow the directory that is created in the Absolute pathname to directory field to exist on:
■ the root file system (UNIX) or
■ a system drive (Windows).

When this setting is enabled, the directory is created automatically. If a storage
unit is configured on C: drive and this option is not enabled, backups fail with
error code 12.

Caution: With this setting enabled, the system drive may fill up.

A job fails under the following conditions:
■ If the checkbox is clear, and if the directory already exists on a system drive.
■ If the checkbox is clear, and the requested directory is to be created on a system drive.

From Veritas NetBackup (tm) 6.5 Administrator's Guide for Windows, Volume 1: Provides information on performing most common configuration and administration tasks with NetBackup 6.5 including: - Managing media, storage units, unit groups, catalogs and lifecycle policies - Firewall Configuration - Firewall ports used for communication  

Page 224