cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with VXSS auth after upgrade 7.6.1.2 to 7.7

ruterjunior
Level 4

Hi Folks.

I have installed a new version Netbackup 7.7 over 7.6.1.2...

All steps in Install pass... but when i open administrative console, error with VXSS authentication... i have account admin local... admin in domain... trying another users... but dont work.

vxssauthfail.PNG

Im clone my vm, and install after remove all netbackup... install works... enter in netbackup administrative console... thats perfect... but im lost all... my catalog backup... files in tapes... it's possible recovery all? but im prefer fix vxss auth for keep my catalog and files in tapes ok.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ruterjunior
Level 4

Hello folks.

This article fix this problem

http://www.symantec.com/connect/forums/problem-vxss-auth-after-upgrade-7612-77

thanks for you help

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

ruterjunior
Level 4

im trying some tests, 

D:\Program Files\Veritas\NetBackup\bin>bpnbat.exe -whoami -cf "d:\Program Files\
Veritas\NetBackup\var\vxss\credentials\srv-labdf-nbkp.tcu.gov.br"
Name: srv-labdf-nbkp
Domain: NBU_Machines@srv-labdf-nbkp
Issued by: /CN=broker/OU=root@srv-labdf-nbkp/O=vx
Expiry Date: Sep 14 18:55:15 2016 GMT
Authentication method: Symantec Private Domain

D:\Program Files\Veritas\NetBackup\bin>bpclntcmd -hn srv-labdf-nbkp
host srv-labdf-nbkp: srv-labdf-nbkp at ::1
host srv-labdf-nbkp: srv-labdf-nbkp at 10.9.0.25
aliases:     srv-labdf-nbkp     ::1     10.9.0.25

D:\Program Files\Veritas\NetBackup\bin>bpclntcmd -self
gethostname() returned: srv-labdf-nbkp
host srv-labdf-nbkp: srv-labdf-nbkpat ::1
host srv-labdf-nbkp: srv-labdf-nbkp at 10.9.0.25
aliases:     srv-labdf-nbkp     ::1     10.9.0.25
getfqdn(srv-labdf-nbkp) returned: srv-labdf-nbkp

D:\Program Files\Veritas\NetBackup\bin\admincmd>bptestbpcd -debug
17:30:17.377 [7020.500] <2> bptestbpcd: VERBOSE = 0
17:30:17.393 [7020.500] <2> logconnections: BPCD CONNECT FROM 10.9.0.25.62481 TO
 10.9.0.25.13782 fd = 472
17:30:17.471 [7020.500] <16> VssImportCredential: (../../libVnbat/vss_auth.cpp,2
910): Cred file open FAILED
17:30:17.471 [7020.500] <2> local_bpcr_connect: Not using VxSS authentication
17:30:17.471 [7020.500] <2> bpcr_get_version_rqst: bpcd version: 07700000
1 0 2
10.9.0.25:62481 -> 10.9.0.25:13782
10.9.0.25:4111 <- 10.9.0.25:62482
<2>bptestbpcd: EXIT status = 0
17:30:17.471 [7020.500] <2> bptestbpcd: EXIT status = 0

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Open a support case with Veritas !

ruterjunior
Level 4

i open a ticket with vendor but the period of service is scheduled for next week.

Im tryng solve for my self before

_MBR_
Level 3
Partner

I also have this problem after upgrading. I had to reset my NBAC installation completely to fix this.

I have disabled NBAC at the moment however cause Netbackup 7.7 contains several issues with NBAC.

One of the biggest issues is that Accelerated fileserver backups fails every other job when nbac is enabled.
Backup is made but acceleration rate is 0% resulting in long and full backups.

ruterjunior
Level 4

In window event logs... show this messege

(The revocation function was unable to check revocation because the revocation server was offline. 0x80092013)

Certificate enrollment for XXX\xxxxxxxxxxxx failed to enroll for a XXX-BasicEFS certificate with request ID N/A from srv-ca02.\SRV-CA02

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Do not wait for your vendor. Log a call directly with Symantec / Veritas.

ruterjunior
Level 4

Thanks for everyone... i'll open a ticket symantec support...

And vendor comes at next monday

Amol_Nair
Level 6
Employee
Till this issue of accelerator and nbac gets fixed you could try a workaround by disabling multi data streams in the policy.. This will ensure accelerator works correctly even with NBAC enabled on the master server.. If you do need multiple stream and are concerned regarding security issue and do not need granular level security implemented then temporarily you could disable nbac and use the auth. conf file to implement security on the master server.

_MBR_
Level 3
Partner

Tried your suggestion but sadly it doesn't help.

When i disable multiple streams all volumes get backked up by one job. When looking at the acceleration ratio i see that one of the volumes isn't being accelerated.

My test job contains 3 volumes. All 3 are normally accelerated by 97%. When i run the job without multiple data streams the acceleration rate drops to 64%. So when doing some math one of the jobs isn't accelerated.
97% + 0% + 97% / 3 = 64%

I have already a case open at symantec support and they have acknowledge that engineering is able to simulate the issue in their lab and are researching the issue.

Hope they will come with an solution any time soon.

Amol_Nair
Level 6
Employee
I believe this would be the 1st time you ran the single stream backup correct.. you may need a few more runs of the single stream accelerator backup to see complete accelerator optimization. As with multiple streams alternate streams show 0% optimization so it is possible that the track log for these alternative streams have not updated. could you try 2 or 3 runs of the single stream accelerator backup and confirm if the optimization is accurate or not ?

_MBR_
Level 3
Partner

You are completely right. Additional runs show acceleration ratios of 98%. Didn't thought of it in the rush.

Did you experience this issue also before? How did you come to this workaround? Symantec support didn't know this issue. nor did they come with a (this) workaround :(

ruterjunior
Level 4

Support of symantec collected log and another files, i waiting for a new contact.

Vendor think is a problem with database corrupted.

ruterjunior
Level 4

Hi folks... i found in logs with java (nbjlogs) a erro with auth vxss in port 1556...

when i trying close a connection telnet  in this port, works good... after i'm trying open netbackup administrative console and works. 

maybe i force connect in this port, i go back to test, create a new clone over my vm with netbackup version 7.6.1.2 and upgrade to 7.7 and test telnet before login to see if can work

ruterjunior
Level 4

Hello folks.

This article fix this problem

http://www.symantec.com/connect/forums/problem-vxss-auth-after-upgrade-7612-77

thanks for you help

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Please provide the real fix. 

The URL above is the link to this post.