cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Probleme mit App_Cluster nach Upgrade

mike_plage
Level 2

Hallo,

ich habe einen Microsoft-Fileservice-Cluster mit einer Storage-Resource.

Die Clusterknoten sind Media-server und wurden als app_cluster konfiguriert, damit die Storage-Resource immer über den lokalen Clusterknoten

auf Tape gesichert wird.

Ich habe die Clusterknoten von 7.5.0.4 auf 7.6.1 upgegraded und die app_cluster Version lt. HA-Handbuch aktualisiert.

Jetzt wird der aktive Node nicht mehr erkannt und so funktioniert das Backup, wenn zufälligerweise der falsche Mediaserver gewählt wird, nicht mehr,

sondern läuft auf Fehler 58.

Hat da jemand eine Idee?

PS. Case habe ich bei Veritas geöffnet, aber noch kein Feedback

Gruß

Michael

5 REPLIES 5

GulzarShaikhAUS
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Can you please explain the problem in English. You will more likely get answer. 

I put your text in google translate and can understand that your app_cluster node stopped getting detected after upgrade and you are getting error 58.

You can run following command and return the outputs - 

/veritas/netbackup/bin/admincmd/nbemmcmd -listhosts -vebose

/veritas/netbackup/bin/admincmd/nbemmcmd -listhosts -list_servers_in_app_cluster -clustername <clustername> -verbose

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

Translation:

Hello there,

I have a Microsoft file services cluster with a storage resource .

The cluster nodes are media server and configured as app_cluster so that the storage resource is always on the local cluster node

is backed up to tape .

I lt the cluster nodes from 7.5.0.4 to 7.6.1 upgraded and app_cluster version . Updated HA Manual .

Now the active node is no longer recognized , and so does the backup if by chance the wrong media server is selected , no longer ,

but runs on errors 58th

Does anyone have an idea?

PS . Case I opened at Veritas , but still no feedback

greeting

Michael

CarlyH
Level 3
Employee

Can you provide me your case number? I can see the status and give you an update.

Thanks!

mike_plage
Level 2

Hello CarlyH,

the case# is:

and I am in contact to Mr. Werner Schwarz.

He proposed me to delete the app-cluster a rebuild it but the command fails:

root@masterserver:~ # nbemmcmd -deletehost -machinename sb-fs0a-1.rbb-online.de -machinetype app_cluster
NBEMMCMD, Version: 7.6.1
The function returned the following failure status:
the media is allocated for use (199)
Command did not complete successfully.

The same happens when I at first have removed the app_cluster members.

Perhaps I can translate my problem a little better:

I have a Microsoft file-services-cluster with a storage resource.

The cluster nodes are media servers and configured as an app_cluster so that the storage resource is always backed up to tape via SAN on the local cluster node.

I upgraded the cluster nodes and the app_cluster version from 7.5.0.4 to 7.6.1 as mentioned in the HA-Manual.

Now the active node is no longer recognized, and so the backup runs on errors 58, if by chance the wrong media server is selected.

Does anyone have an idea?

PS . Case I opened at Veritas , but still no feedback

greets

Michael

GulzarShaikhAUS
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

please provide us with following command output

/veritas/netbackup/bin/admincmd/nbemmcmd -listhosts -vebose

/veritas/netbackup/bin/admincmd/nbemmcmd -listhosts -list_servers_in_app_cluster -clustername <clustername> -verbose