cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems to restore a vm

Kai2209
Level 4

Hi,

i was trying to restore a vm on Netbackup 10.1 (linux master) but failed with Error 2820. Since the vm is 13GB and other smaller vms were sucessful i was thinking to restore the disks (3 vmdk files) step bz step to see were the problem is.

Unfortunatey i am not sure how to do this. My vm has gone completely, vmware environment is new and it offers me in a "Recover to virtual disks Window"  - Alternate Virtual Machine or New (Temporary Virtual Machine). Since i do not have anything from the old vm how to do this now?

thanks for help

Kai

4 REPLIES 4

quebek
   VIP    Certified

Hello

Did you ever seen this one 

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/doc/21902280-148036804-0/v85509557-148036804

there are chapters like:

Please review these and if still unsuccessful try this one:

Troubleshooting

Michal_Mikulik1
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

the status 2820 is a very generic error. You should investigate job details / BAR restore log , as well as VM console side, to find out what was the real cause. Check Troubleshooting guide chapters for logging options as advised above.

Regards

Michal

admin_bkp007
Level 4

VMWare tools was installed in this VM?

MP14
Level 0
Employee

Can you share more details about the restore and the failure? Are you trying to restore to the same location or alternate location? What is the transport mode selected for restore (NBD is preferred)? Are you restoring to the same esxi/datastore? It will also also help if you can post the error details from the detailed status of the restore failure.