cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Protect a client with two netbackup systems

yobole
Level 6

we have twp netcbacl environemnt which in the long run will be merged together. However we now have a requirement to Protect a client with two netbackup systems which I believe is technically possible. ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You could map share 1 on a client in domain 1, and share 2 on a client in domain 2.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

RiaanBadenhorst

Hi,

Client can only be in 1 domain at a time so you would need to update the SERVER entry on the client (bp.conf or registry) using some type of automation. the SERVER entry points to the master server. You could run backups for the one domain at a certain time (PM), have the SERVER entry updated (AM) and then run the backup for the second domain.

Not a regular configuration, but possible.

If the backups are using an application agent then this might involve more steps and get more complicated.

Michael_G_Ander
Level 6
Certified

Wonder I you are thinking about AIR, which replicates backup images from one Netbackup domain to another.

The standard questions: Have you checked: 1) What has changed. 2) The manual 3) If there are any tech notes or VOX posts regarding the issue

Will_Restore
Level 6

What kind of client (OS)? What kind of backup (filesystem, database)? 

Full backups could be done. Differentials will be problematic - it won't know which Full to be working against.

yobole
Level 6

Thanks Riaan your methid although sounds possbile is worth a test , but was looking at the simplicity I think we will just need to backup a particular share for each domain or we could use a ‘clientless approach’ ?

RiaanBadenhorst

You could map share 1 on a client in domain 1, and share 2 on a client in domain 2.