cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Protecting Containerized Applications client download

Slartybardfast
Level 5

Good morning all,

We have a handful of docker appliances that don't backup consistently I have found a solution paper "Protecting Containerized Applications with Veritas NetBackup" 

The paper states that you can download the client images from VEMS, but for the life of me I cannot find the images anywhere. Is this a licensed feature that you have to purchase? Thanks in advance :)

5 REPLIES 5

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

I am not a docker expert, but I presume you pull it direct from Docker hub using command:

docker pull store/veritasnetbackup/client:9.1

https://hub.docker.com/_/veritas-netbackup-client/plans/25d97e75-6caa-4b92-a850-5659f893c4a6?tab=ins...

Thanks for the input Nicolai. The Veritas document states that it can be downloaded from the VEMS portal. Doing a docker pull would not work for our environment as we don't have internet access. :(

Hi @Slartybardfast 

For 9.1+, there is a file available from the VEMS called netbackupkops-9.1.tar.gz

Not sure if this is what you need or not. 

David

Thanks I have found that version. Not sure if that will work in an 8.1.2 NetBackup environment. 

Krutons
   VIP   

Are you looking for the client container, the same thing as the docker pull command? You should be able to download it from my.veritas downloads.

NetBackup_8.1.2_Client_Container.tar.gz

DOCKER CONTAINER FOR NETBACKUP 8.1.2 CLIENT

Cross-Platform

544.45 MB