cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Protecting Containerized Applications client download

Slartybardfast
Level 4

Good morning all,

We have a handful of docker appliances that don't backup consistently I have found a solution paper "Protecting Containerized Applications with Veritas NetBackup" 

The paper states that you can download the client images from VEMS, but for the life of me I cannot find the images anywhere. Is this a licensed feature that you have to purchase? Thanks in advance :)

5 REPLIES 5

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

I am not a docker expert, but I presume you pull it direct from Docker hub using command:

docker pull store/veritasnetbackup/client:9.1

https://hub.docker.com/_/veritas-netbackup-client/plans/25d97e75-6caa-4b92-a850-5659f893c4a6?tab=ins...

Thanks for the input Nicolai. The Veritas document states that it can be downloaded from the VEMS portal. Doing a docker pull would not work for our environment as we don't have internet access. :(

Hi @Slartybardfast 

For 9.1+, there is a file available from the VEMS called netbackupkops-9.1.tar.gz

Not sure if this is what you need or not. 

David

Thanks I have found that version. Not sure if that will work in an 8.1.2 NetBackup environment. 

Krutons
Level 6
   VIP   

Are you looking for the client container, the same thing as the docker pull command? You should be able to download it from my.veritas downloads.

NetBackup_8.1.2_Client_Container.tar.gz

DOCKER CONTAINER FOR NETBACKUP 8.1.2 CLIENT

Cross-Platform

544.45 MB