cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question regarding Communication between Master and its clients

Hamza_H
   VIP   

Hello,

I have a question regarding Netbackup communications, I know that Master server is always in communications with its clients, but I don't know the interval, I guess it's all the time because of a test that I did.

Why AM I asking this is because, we would like to change the date of one of our servers (which is backed up by netbackup v8.1.2, so it requires the certificat autorisation) and once the date is changed to a later date (i.e 01/01/2020) when I refresh the properties on the master, the error " the vnetd proxy encountered an error " is occurring on the specific client.

Once I get the date back again, i.e,to a passed date, the communication is again successful, so I am asking if there is an option to do that? I know that if we downgrade the version to 8.0, could work, but I would like to get a confirmation before, I searched on this on Netbackup Documentations but didn't find anything (ot perhaps missed it)..

Thanks.

BR

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hamza_H
   VIP   

Hello folks,

I have just find the answer, its the CRL..

aftter a bpclntcmd test from the client, I found the message :

The revocation status of the peer host certificate cannot be verified using the Certificate Revocation List (CRL), because the CRL is not up-to-date. It is older than seven days., nbu status = 7656, severity = 2

so its detailled in this : https://www.veritas.com/content/support/en_US/doc/21733320-127424841-0/v126192948-127424841

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hamza_H
   VIP   

Hello folks,

I have just find the answer, its the CRL..

aftter a bpclntcmd test from the client, I found the message :

The revocation status of the peer host certificate cannot be verified using the Certificate Revocation List (CRL), because the CRL is not up-to-date. It is older than seven days., nbu status = 7656, severity = 2

so its detailled in this : https://www.veritas.com/content/support/en_US/doc/21733320-127424841-0/v126192948-127424841

andrew_mcc1
Level 6
   VIP   

I have found it can take a while for the CRL to be updated when dates are adjusted - maybe wait say 30 mins before deciding its not working. However running NetBackup with widely separated dates is not good practice, if its for application testing do you need to also backup?

Andrew

Hamza_H
   VIP   

Hello Andrew,

Thanks for your reply,

I think time needed by CRL to be updated was more than 30 minutes, the change occurred in midday and the backup is at night, so it is wide enough (I think)

and yes it is not a good practice to have such configuration (and as I said, it is just for some functional needs), our custumer needs to do that and also needs to have backups with these date modifications.

Yes it is an application testing (SAP) .

We suggested to do a downgrade of nbu version to 8.0.

BR