cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick question on snapshot problems

smwoodcrafts
Level 6

We have Exchange server we were backing up and started having problems. I came into it late and I'm not sure when Snapshot was enabled on these servers. We are getting 130 errors now. I was asked to shut off snapshot in the policies and did so. I then went to the Client attributes on the master server and found that this particualr server is listed and open file backups are diabled. The question is, will the fact that Open File Backups being disabled in the client attributes affect Snapshot backups?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Open File Backup selection in Client Attributes applies to File System backups (MS-Windows policy type) only.

Please mention your NBU, OS and Exchange versions?

Please ensure that bpfis and bpbkar logs are enabled on Exchange client.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Open File Backup selection in Client Attributes applies to File System backups (MS-Windows policy type) only.

Please mention your NBU, OS and Exchange versions?

Please ensure that bpfis and bpbkar logs are enabled on Exchange client.

smwoodcrafts
Level 6

Thanks Marianne,

That was all I needed. Everything is 2003 Enterprise, Exchange is 2003. NBU is 7.0.1.

Because of the problems we were having, the client was originally 6.5, and was upgraded to 7.0.1. When we then started getting a 69 error instead. Opened a ticket with symantec and eveidently the upgrade delelted the login for the backups. Putting that back in fixed that. So apparently, the client upgrade fixed the original problem.