cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAC - requirement for Server entry on Master Server changed in 7.6 ?

SYMAJ
Level 6
Partner Accredited

I have just upgraded to 7602 accross the board and noticed the following.  I have a number of Remote Admin Consoles (also upgraded to 7602) which have had their system names changed in the recent past.  Following this change the server entries on the Master Server have NOT been updated to reflect the new system names.  To my surprise the RAC's still attach successfully to the two Master servers !  Has the need for this entry in the Master Server, Properties, Servers been removed in 7.6 ?  A point of note here - the site in question uses NBAC, in case this has any effect.

Thanks,

AJ.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Only hostname? Or hostname and IP address?

Any chance that hosts entries have been added on the master for the Remote Admin Consoles?

If IP addresses have not been changed and etc\hosts entries exist for the RACs, the master will still resolve the IP adresses from the RACs to old hostnames that exist in Server entries.

bprd log on the master server will confirm IP address from RAC conection request and how the IP is resolved to hostname.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Only hostname? Or hostname and IP address?

Any chance that hosts entries have been added on the master for the Remote Admin Consoles?

If IP addresses have not been changed and etc\hosts entries exist for the RACs, the master will still resolve the IP adresses from the RACs to old hostnames that exist in Server entries.

bprd log on the master server will confirm IP address from RAC conection request and how the IP is resolved to hostname.

SYMAJ
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Marianne,

Thanks for the input - the IP addresses stayed the same only the names changed - so this answers the query.

AJ.