cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RDSM has encountered an STS error: ioctl failed (2060007)

Jules1
Level 3

Hi all,

Just wanted to share this experience with you.

I had to delete then recreate a MSDP on a windows 2008 mediaserver.

First error appear during the deletion of the disk pool : "DSM has found that one or more volumes in the disk pool  has images fragments :Unable to delete a  media server Disk Pool."

That was easily resolved with the command "nbdelete -allvolumes -force". The tech note bellow is very interesting and should be enough :

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&pmv=print&impressions=&viewlocale=&id=TECH130554

My main problem appears during the recreation of my MSDP with The error message "RDSM has encountered an STS error: ioctl failed (2060007)".

After a lot of research with the help of the support, we found the error bellow in the event viewer of windows :

PostgreSQL Waiting for server startup... Is another postmaster already running on port 10085? If not, wait a few seconds and retry. VET WARNING:  could not create listen socket for "localhost" VET FATAL:  could not create any TCP/IP sockets Timed out waiting for server startup

In fact a postgres process wasn't stoped and kept the 10085 opened. So during the creation of the DB, postgres didn't want to start.

"netstat -ano | findstr 10085" to identify which process was listening and then "taskkill /PID xxxx /F /T" (replace xxxx with the process number XD)

bpdown + PDDE_deleteConfig.bat

... and we could recreate the PureDisk volume.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Jules.

0 REPLIES 0