cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RE:Adding new tapes in SL500

sahil_shine
Level 4
Hi All ,

Whats the procedure for adding new tapes in SL500.I have some 15 tapes in it currently installed by the implementing team.But there are currently  5 more tapes in tape library but they are not detectable.Is it something to do with SL500 licensing ???Some one told me that i have to remove the old tapes then only i can add new tapes.We have some 50 slots capacity in our Sl500.When i run inventory i can see only 15 tapes not the other 5???I dont know the procedure what i have to do to make it visible in netbackup the 5 tapes??? what should i need to do ??Can someone tell me the exact procedure ????????

Thanks
-------
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

sahil_shine
Level 4
Actually i  am too new to netbackup.So the guy who was handling before told me that i have to remove some tapes out the 15 before .And after that i can only add  new tapes.So i got  it wrong and he also told me the wrong procedure .And i also followed the same as i was not having time to go through the doc's.Now when i go throught the docs i found that he told me the wrong procedure .Actually he was not using to choose the option on (Empty media  access port ) I was also following the same and Now i looked the docs and got the right procedure and now i am able to get the tapes ...:)

thanks scorpy ..

Thanks all ...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

netbackup_rooki
Level 4
Certified
were the tapes added via the media access port or directly by opening the library's door?

scorpy_582
Level 6
 Are the media visible to the library console?
Can you see them and mount them through robtest?
Try vmphyinv

sahil_shine
Level 4
Actually i  am too new to netbackup.So the guy who was handling before told me that i have to remove some tapes out the 15 before .And after that i can only add  new tapes.So i got  it wrong and he also told me the wrong procedure .And i also followed the same as i was not having time to go through the doc's.Now when i go throught the docs i found that he told me the wrong procedure .Actually he was not using to choose the option on (Empty media  access port ) I was also following the same and Now i looked the docs and got the right procedure and now i am able to get the tapes ...:)

thanks scorpy ..

Thanks all ...