cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RE:- Error 254 Unable to load information for netbackup storage units from pbh04backupsrv. Error status 254 : server name server name not found in netbackup configuration

sahil_shine
Level 4
Hi All,

i am getting these error  while using netbackup 6.5 GUI.

"Unable to load  information for netbackup storage units from pbh04backupsrv. Error status 254 : server name  server name not found in netbackup configuration ???

These error i am getting when i am clicking on any one of the policies ..

CLI is showing information abt storage units but  gui isn't ????

BPSTULIST -OUTPUT

pbh04backupsrv-B-hcart-robot-tld-0 2 pbh04backupsrv-B 8 0 6 4 0 "*NULL*" 1 1 1048576 *NULL* 0 1 0 0 0 0 *NULL* pbh04backupsrv-B
pbh1406mediasrv-B-hcart-robot-tld-0 2 pbh1406mediasrv-B 8 0 6 4 0 "*NULL*" 1 1 1048576 *NULL* 0 1 0 0 0 0 *NULL* pbh1406mediasrv-B

root@pbh04backupsrv # bpstulist -show_available

Label: pbh04backupsrv-B-hcart-robot-tld-0
Storage Unit Type: Media Manager
Host Connection: pbh04backupsrv-B
Number of Drives: 4
On Demand Only: yes
Density: hcart (6)
Robot Type/Number: TLD (8) / 0
Max Fragment Size: 1048576
Max MPX/drive: 1

Label: pbh1406mediasrv-B-hcart-robot-tld-0
Storage Unit Type: Media Manager
Host Connection: pbh1406mediasrv-B
Number of Drives: 4
On Demand Only: yes
Density: hcart (6)
Robot Type/Number: TLD (8) / 0
Max Fragment Size: 1048576
Max MPX/drive: 1

root@pbh04backupsrv # more /usr/openv/netbackup/bp.conf
SERVER = pbh04backupsrv-B
CLIENT_NAME = pbh04backupsrv
EMMSERVER = pbh04backupsrv-B
VXDBMS_NB_DATA = /usr/openv/db/data
REQUIRED_INTERFACE = pbh04backupsrv-B
MEDIA_SERVER = pbh1406mediasrv-B

Whats the issue here ????

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

scorpy_582
Level 6
Hi Sahil,

I see some descrepencies here:

Your SERVER entry in bp.conf has "-B" in the end which indicates that master server is configured with backup interface.
CLIENT_NAME shows the production hostname indicating that netbackup was installed with that name. May be its not related to what you are facing but still, doesnt seem to be correct.

The error has the server name is pbh04backupsrv and not with -B which indicates that there is something wrong with this name.

Run nbemmcmd -listhosts and see what server names are configured. Netbackup is very particular about the server name.

conflicting name resolution might also be the cause of this.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

scorpy_582
Level 6
Hi Sahil,

I see some descrepencies here:

Your SERVER entry in bp.conf has "-B" in the end which indicates that master server is configured with backup interface.
CLIENT_NAME shows the production hostname indicating that netbackup was installed with that name. May be its not related to what you are facing but still, doesnt seem to be correct.

The error has the server name is pbh04backupsrv and not with -B which indicates that there is something wrong with this name.

Run nbemmcmd -listhosts and see what server names are configured. Netbackup is very particular about the server name.

conflicting name resolution might also be the cause of this.

sahil_shine
Level 4
Solved by  googling ....The problem was someone changed the hostname  when the logging through GUI ..Actually we use multiple NIC card ......
so for the production line ip series is .......248.125 and hostname is pbh04backupsrv and the backup ip is  252.145 and hostname pbh04backupsrv-B

someone removed -B I didnt noticed it .So due to different hostname i was able to login but the storage unit was not visible ......

sahil_shine
Level 4
Thanks scorpy ...u were right the problem was related to that only.....i didnt noticed someone changed the hostname in gui by removing (-B).SO  thats why i was able to login but storage unit was not visible...Thanks once again for your quick reply