cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RE: client backup errors

bharath_jakkani
Level 4

Hi Team,

Thanks for each and everyone for helping me, this forum is very helpful for me to resolve lot of small small issues,

here I have got a problem with client backup

11/16/2010 11:47:16 - granted resource  A00005
11/16/2010 11:47:16 - granted resource  QUANTUM.DLT-V4.000
11/16/2010 11:47:16 - granted resource  CRMstorage
11/16/2010 11:47:16 - estimated 0 kbytes needed
11/16/2010 11:47:17 - Error bpbrm (pid=28884) bpcd on crmdns2 exited with status 59: access to the client was not allowed
11/16/2010 11:47:16 - started process bpbrm (pid=28884)
11/16/2010 11:47:17 - end writing
access to the client was not allowed (59)

I looked for solutions like

checking bp.conf file on client it has the master server name and it is spelled correctly

I ping the server to client and client to server and they are pinging back each other

when I clicked on client ---> troubleshooter ---->

it is giving me status code 46: server is trying to access the client but client is blocked

let me know what cause the problema and how can I resolve this issue (other than above solutions i provided).

Thanks

Bharah

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

It helps if you provide O/S on master and client. NBU version as well.

You will understand that paths are different on Windows and Unix servers.

If Windows, and if NBU on the client is installed under C:\Program Files, then bpcd log directories must be created under C:\Program Files\Veritas\Netbackup\logs.

The section that you found about creating logs doesn't spell out where exactly, because that information is covered a few pages back in Troubleshooting Guide under the topic:

Using logs and reports

When you have a bpcd log on the client and you have repeated the error, look for server's connection request. After that, you will see how the client attempts to resolve the incoming IP address to a hostname. The hostname is then compared with the client's SERVER entries.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

bharath_jakkani
Level 4

I have another question also

to resolve this issue admin guide said:  create a bpcd debug log directory on your server and clients and a bprdlog directory on the server

if this can provide solution then I need help how to: and where to: create those!!

@@#$%^&@$  am just trying to figureout the problem, you know what i mean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6

Logs are created in

<installdir>netbackup/logs

for the debug you would make a bpcd log dir then inside of that make a debug dir

Marianne

It helps if you provide O/S on master and client. NBU version as well.

You will understand that paths are different on Windows and Unix servers.

If Windows, and if NBU on the client is installed under C:\Program Files, then bpcd log directories must be created under C:\Program Files\Veritas\Netbackup\logs.

The section that you found about creating logs doesn't spell out where exactly, because that information is covered a few pages back in Troubleshooting Guide under the topic:

Using logs and reports

When you have a bpcd log on the client and you have repeated the error, look for server's connection request. After that, you will see how the client attempts to resolve the incoming IP address to a hostname. The hostname is then compared with the client's SERVER entries.

Ed_Wilts
Level 6

Do you have a media server defined?  If so, do you have its name in the client config as well?

Sign on to the client and do both a forward and reverse lookup on the names that the master server and the client connect to.  If your resolution isn't working properly, this will cause issues as well.

If you're running NetBackup 7.0, look at the bptestnetconn utility.  It validates most of the major connectivity pieces.

bharath_jakkani
Level 4

Thanks for the input

I tried the FQDN of the master server unlike in other clients(which have an alias name or shortname)

then it did work

thanks

bharath

Marianne

If any of the posts pointed you in the right direction, please mark solution?