Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RE: command to list backups status and timings

bharath_jakkani
Level 4

Hi team,

I am using RHEL 5.5 with NBU 6.5.4

i am looking for a command to list the backups information (as in the activity monitor)

client

start time

end time

active elapsed time

status

I was using  " bperror -backstat -U -hoursago 12 -by_statcode "    but this one gives only the status codes not the information I said above.

let me know if you know some commands

Thanks

Bharath

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Well you've already stated what to do, use awk.....

i am looking for a command to list the backups information (as in the activity monitor)

client >>>> $7

start time >>>> $9

end time >>>> $11

active elapsed time >>>> $10

status >>>> $4

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6

jobid,jobtype,state,status,policy,schedule,client,server
,started,elapsed,ended,stunit,try,operation,kbytes,files
,pathlastwritten,percent,jobpid,owner,subtype,classtype,
schedule_type,priority,group,masterserver,retentionunits
,retentionperiod,compression,kbyteslastwritten,fileslast
written,filelistcount,[files],trycount,[trypid,trystunit,
tryserver,trystarted,tryelapsed,tryended,trystatus,trys
tatusdescription,trystatuscount,[trystatuslines],trybyte
swritten,tryfileswritten],parentjob,kbpersec,copy,robot,
vault,profile,session,ejecttapes,srcstunit,srcserver,src
media,dstmedia,stream,suspendable,resumable,restartable,
datamovement,snapshot,backupid,killable,controllinghost 

RiaanBadenhorst

Hi,

You can use bpdbjobs with -all_columns. Just pick out the fields you want.

The output of this command consists of a single line per backup job. Each line of the output is a comma-delimited list in the following format:

jobid,jobtype,state,status,policy,schedule,client,server,started,elapsed,ended,stunit,try,operation,kbytes,files,pathlastwritten,percent,jobpid,owner,subtype,c lasstype,schedule_type,priority,group,masterserver,retentionunits,retentionperiod,compression,kbyteslastwr itten,fileslastwritten,filelistcount,[files]...,trycount,[trypid,trystunit,tryserver,trystarted,tryelapsed ,tryended,trystatus,trystatusdescription,trystatuscount,[trystatuslines]...,trybyteswritten,tryfileswritten]...parentjob,kbpersec,copy,robot,vault,profile,sess ion,ejecttapes,srcstunit,srcserver,srcmedia,dstmedia,stream,suspendable,resumable,restartable,datamovement ,snapshot,backupid,killable,controllinghost

RiaanBadenhorst

Snap :)

bharath_jakkani
Level 4

yeah sure ""bpdbjobs"" showed the results but it is like a mess

how can extract and present it to our team, I tried different options but couldnt extract a nice output

please let me know if you have any ideas

bharath

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

to "cut" out the fields you're interested in.

bharath_jakkani
Level 4

i can use awk and cut but do we have any other command shows the start times, elapsed times and end times because I need it to show to my team every day that backups were donw in the time schedule

Thanks

Bharath

RiaanBadenhorst

Well you've already stated what to do, use awk.....

client >>>> $7

start time >>>> $9

end time >>>> $11

active elapsed time >>>> $10

status >>>> $4

Marianne

You can write your own script using bpdbjobs with awk and cut and put it in a cron that will run and email the report.

Else look at the reports available in NOM (NetBackup Operations Manager).

bharath_jakkani
Level 4

Hi Team,

yes I do get the information from command ./bpdbjobs but the time it took and and finished are not displayed here.

I can extract the things but not useful information( timings ) am looking.....

JobID      Type      State Status  Policy     Schedule    Client Dest Media Svr  Active PID FATPipe
910  Image Delete   Done   0                                                                          28135       
909  Catalog Backup  Done 0                                    crmnbu01                      28025       
908         Backup      Done   0  PHASE2   Diff-Backup  crmnbu01   crmnbu01   24159      No
907         Backup     Done    0  PHASE2   Diff-Backup  crmcert       crmnbu01   16101      No
906         Backup  Done      0  PHASE2   Diff-Backup   crmdata2    crmnbu01   26040      No

but thans for letting me know abt the command, but is there any way that I can do from the administration console itself to report to the team?. I suppose SYMANTEC have some feature for reporting to the emails.

in that way I dont need to run the cron jobs, and that's my team requirement to report after the backups without any cron jobs separately.

bharath_jakkani
Level 4

Hi Team,

I found that ./backup_notify has entry

#cat $OUTF | mail -s "successful NetBackup backup" someone_who_cares

uncomment above line and enter your email, you will get report after every backup, if I need to keep all the servers report as a single report then how can I do that?.

Thanks

Bharath

Moved:

Marianne