cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RE: running backups automatically

bharath_jakkani
Level 4

Hi everyone

I am running NBU 6.5.4 on Linux 2.6 kernel.

I want to run the cumulative backups every day so I choose at certain time in the schedule and hit the "duplicate" button it is showing in grey colors at that time for the days I chose. But still those jobs are not starting at that point of time.

Any reasons? or did I do right or not?. Give me how to do it using GUI

See the picture for your clarity

Thanks for your replies

Bharath

9 REPLIES 9

Suryakiran21
Level 3

Can you go to Attribute tab and check the frequency you have set.If this is set to 1 wk job wouldnt start everday.If you need the job to be run evryday set that to 1 day..

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6

When you hit duplicate they are gray because you are looking at 'all' of them.

Click on just one of those gray bars and it will turn black and it will fill in the fields on the bottom of the screen to show you what that one days schedule is.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

What type of schedule - Frequency or Calendar?

Also understand that the backup window is a START window, meaning you want NBU to start anytime within the backup window. NBU check every 10 minutes for backups that are due. So the chance of backups kicking off at exactly 22:00 is very slim....

There are lots of other factors that can cause backups not to start at the desired time. Best if we could see your entire policy config:

bppllist <policy_name> -U

bharath_jakkani
Level 4

Thanks for your response i just changed the frequency.

If I need to setup env like

--Mon------Tue-------Wed----Thu----Fri----Sat---Sun

--diff ---cumulative--diff----cumu---diff----cumu--Full

If I want to run diff backups every 2 days and cumu every 2 days how do I set up in schedule?

Thanks

Bharath

bharath_jakkani
Level 4

Do I need to setup the frequency daily and then choose those respective days for diff and cumu backups

does that set backups to take every other day?.

Marianne
Level 6

Three schedules in one policy.

1. Full - frequency: every one week  with open window during which backup can start.

2. Diff - frequency: every 2 days with open windows on Mon, Wed, Fri.

3. Cum - frequency: every 2 days with open windows on Tue, Thu, Sat.

You should be able to accomplish the same with Calendar Based scheduling, but I'm still 'old school' and prefer Frequency wherever possibly. I only use Calendar for schedules that are impossible to schedule with Frequency, like yearly and monthly. But that's a personal choice. Nothing wrong with Calendar.

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

set up a schedule for each day or set up a schedule for each type (full/diff/cumu) ensure a backup window is open for those days at the time you want & ensure the frequency is set to suit (i.e. set frequency so that back is due to run when next window opens)

***EDIT***

or you could word it much more eloquently like Marianne!

Marianne
Level 6

For that compliment I'll buy you coffee next week.... smiley

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

I'll hold you to that! cheeky