cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RECORD MEDIA ID is different of EXTERNAL MEDIA ID during backup

Gerson_Capelo
Level 2
Hi all, i'm new in this forum...
Please, i have a problem with VNB 5.1 without patch with solaris9 with L100 (Tape Library of SUN) sdlt3 tapes.

I have 4 drives with 1 robot. when i send 3 or 4 jobs simultaneous each job on different pool, policy, and media. After the begin the backup appear en media device monitor MEDIA RECORD ID is different the EXTERNAL MEDIA ID for example.

If MEDIA RECORD ID is EOZ402 the EXTERNAL MEDIA ID change to EOZ411 and so on.

I try erasing the media, reinventory, bplabel, finally reinstalling all software but the problem is persistent still.

Thanks for your help
3 REPLIES 3

Stumpr2
Level 6
Welcome to the forum.

Looks like you have a drive mapping issue and may have to reconfigure your envirnment .

Gerson_Capelo
Level 2
thanks, i have 4 policy each one with one pool and one media per pool and client.
example cli1 to pool1 with media1 (pool1)
cli2 to pool2 withe media2 (pool2) and so on

when send backup individual using one drive is perfect, but when i send 4 jobs simultaneous media device monitor change RECORD MEDIA ID with the EXTERNAL MEDIA ID and finally the media become FROZEN and the next schedules don't work because the media is aunavailable.

I tried with rescan the devices, media, etc. Also reinventory all media in robot. Also used vpexpdate, vmdelete and bplabel. Finally erase all software including solaris but the simptom is the same.
Note: I have all licenses for L100 (4 drives, unix client, etc).

What other thing you suggest?

Thanks again

Jeffrey_Redingt
Level 5
If you have been letting the wizard configure the drives then you need to manually configure them. The only time you should internal and external media ids different is if there is misconfiguration. If you erased and labeled all the media and still have the problem then try configuring drives manually.